***Thunderous Thursday Roll Call***

Pam Hart
on 4/27/11 5:53 pm - Easton, PA

Well, it's supposed to be that way to start the day at the very least....actually - the initial reports I heard was that it was already supposed to start - which would have been directly on my way to work - but it didn't and I got here nice and dry!  Very good way to start the shift!

I'm doing my "princess shift" of four hours today at LVH....which is totally cool.

Once home I'm probably gonna make some granola and/or a new cookie recipe and then it's off to bed somewhere around 9 or 10 before my next full shift at LVH 7p-7a.  Another rousing day in the life of Pam, believe you me!

Anybody else doing anything exciting?

P

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 4/27/11 8:28 pm - Lancaster, PA
Hi Pam and PA

Today I am working and our new director has decided that he needs a meeting to discuss his observations. That is never good. Oh well.

Tonight I have therapy so that is good, been doing alot of work on distraction techniques and slowing down impulses. So far so good. Who knew this would be so hard? LOL 
swedeville1
on 4/27/11 9:50 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Good morning Pam.

Nicole, if he is being all negative ask him to tell you guys what he saw that he liked as well.  It cant be all negative.

Today i will work till 330 then head home.  Helena has a banquet for her swimming team at 600.  Im hoping that if it gets over by 730 I will be able to go play volleyball.  If it doesnt then I will have to skip it today.  Thats really about it for me.  Im not thinking of anything profound and my coffee hasnt kicked in yet sooooo.  Talk to you all later.

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

lynnc99
on 4/27/11 9:12 pm
A lot of the day is routine for me....just working, and since I am taking 3 days off next week, I need to kick it out today and tomorrow.

At lunch today I am meeting two WLS-ers from the "over fifty" forum who live not too far away in FL. One has never been to Naples so we will go downtown for lunch. It's very pretty and right on the gulf.

Keep safe in the storms up there! I am hearing the warnings on the radio/computer.
Liz R.
on 4/27/11 9:28 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morningall.

Things are crazy here at work -here until 4 then home to make dinner, hang with MIa, some snuggles then bed!!
Lisa H.
on 4/27/11 9:52 pm - Whitehall, PA
 We all lead such interesting lives some days....

Woke up this morning to find a lovely scattered mess of garbage on my patio.  I told Siehara to take out the trash last night.  Apparently, she just put it on the patio and something (probably a skunk) got a hold of it.  Yay!.. I wanted her to clean it up, but she was already running late for the bus.  So I cleaned it up.  Don't worry, there will be something equally as fun for her to do when she gets home... like kitty litter... 

Working til 3:30 per the usual.. Siehara has Hebrew School tonight.  While she is there, I am going with the realtor to do a walk through of my old house.  I want to see what kind of shape it is in and if there is something that we need to do to make it more appealing to a buyer.  I don't really want to stage it, but if we have to, then we will.  

After Hebrew School, we will head to the gym for pilates and then home for relaxing and bed.  

The no smoking thing is going much better.  It's almost a full week and my cravings are slowing down and I'm getting better about replacing them with carbs.  I WILL do this!

My tracker

hers 

dit657
on 4/27/11 10:02 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Glad to hear you're working your way through not smoking - I was a 20 year pack-a-day smoker when I quit and went cold turkey and trust me, it wasn't pretty - especially for my poor husband!! I was a blubbering mess the whole week - but each time I thought about grabbing a cigarette I would tell myself 'It's been an hour, or a day, or a week - I can go one more hour - go do something' and I did, and that helped get me through it. I wish I could say I didn't substitute food for smokes but I'm pretty sure I did! So glad you're watching that as well.

You CAN do this - and you WILL feel so much better for it. And think of all the money you'll be saving along the way!

Congratulations and keep up the good work!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Lisa H.
on 4/27/11 10:14 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Thanks Kathy.. I WAS subbing food.. and still am, to an extent.  It's getting better every hour.. I HAVE to do it.. the money and my health are way too important.  Plus, it is showing Siehara that what she keeps saying to me DOES matter. 

My tracker

hers 

Sara E.
on 4/28/11 1:41 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA

Lisa,
Keep up the good job of not smoking.  I know you can do it and never smoke again.  It is hard...but you are tougher.  When you get the urge...do not give in.  Yes...you WILL do this!

Sara

PS:
It still looks liek I can make it Sat to Liz's.  It will be great to see you again and to meet my online pals.

Patricia R.
on 4/28/11 2:22 am - Perry, MI
You can do it, Lisa.  Keep up the good work.  Dig into your faith in God, and exercise more if you have to, to deal with the cravings.  Prayer always helps me, so does meditation.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1803 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1900 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2581 views