problems with Hershey? mostly a vent

Mary B.
on 9/5/11 11:40 pm
Did anyone else have a ton of problems going through Hershey?? I am really starting to feel like they are pulling my leg.   Ive been denied 3 times now by my insurance (all over 5 pounds that I lost and now apparently don't weigh enough) so I called Hershey to ask about starting from scratch because its FIVE POUNDS!! I gain and lose that from weight fluctuations throughout the week. ANY-WHO! I had asked, and she said no, that i need to keep appealing it? My mother and sister both work for an insurance company and said that starting over shouldn't be a problem because your insurance isn't supposed to look at past cases when judging the new one. Simple solution right? I think so. They don't. So instead of spending 6  months in the classes again, they want me to spend an undetermined amount of time trying to appeal this. UGH (I wish they would help me more.)  I also have already gained the weight back that Ive lost from the 6 months trying to appeal this already. (its been one year and 3 or 4 months now...I started at 252, went down to 233 and am now back at 252 which might I just toss in, Is a BMI of 40.6 currently, they submitted me at a BMI of 38.6)  

I'm not sure what response I'm looking for, maybe just a little encouragement to keep going or advice if anyone has appealed so many times and gotten approved?
Jackie Fisher
on 9/6/11 3:59 am - PA
I am new to this, so I don't have much experience to offer. Also, I am not familiar with Hershey, so I can't help much there either. What I can say is this...

DO NOT GIVE UP!!! You have come so far and have made your mind up. Don't let the insurance company (or anyone else for that matter) stand in your way. YOU deserve a better life and YOU deserve to be healthy. YOU have to do whatever it takes. Call everyday if you have to, ask to speak with a supervisor. If there is one thing I have learned, the people who answer the phones for the insurance companies do not care about you or your situation, so YOU HAVE TO!! Do whatever it takes, because in the end it will be SOOOO worth it!!

I wish you more luck than I can express! Please keep us posted and DON'T GIVE UP!!
"Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present."

-Jackie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1800 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1896 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2575 views