First day back to work

Kelly Puma
on 10/2/11 11:50 pm - Royersford, PA
Well I was sleeved on 9/21/11 - that is 12 days ago. I am feeling great. I thought I would give it a shot and try to make it to work, and possily shoot for a full day. I do have a desk job, and I know I will be tired, but I will try to rest my eyes at lunch time.
For the most part I am doing really well with my liquids, and full liquids, protein etc. My problem is vitamins. I just can't eat them crushed up or handle the nasty smell of the chewables. That could be why I feel so weak too. Has anyone tried swallowing vitamins 2 weeks out? I know that I need to take them but...ughhh so gross.
My one week follow up I was down 18 pounds. YAYYYYYY... Nurse was estatic that I lost that much in one week.
I'm really glad to be on the "losers bench" now!!!
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 10/3/11 2:00 am
Your doing great. Try putting the crushed or broken supplements in a spoonful of your pudding to make it go down without irritation.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

KELLY R.
on 10/3/11 7:05 am - PA
RNY on 04/04/12

Hi there -

I haven't had surgery yet but a couple people I've talked to that have say they actually don't mind the liquid vitamin supplements from GNC.  I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to.  My biggest fear is getting something stuck ;)

Peace & Blessings... Kelly                                             

HW 292 / CW 191 / GW 130

jojomoe523
on 10/4/11 3:36 am - PA
I am taking all my pills in pill form. I do take sublingual b-12, biotin and childrens vitamins. those i can chew or let melt. i take a few other things in pill form and haven't had a problem yet. I was sleeved on 9/19.

Kelly Puma
on 10/4/11 3:41 am - Royersford, PA
How are you making out w/ everything Joanne?
jojomoe523
on 10/17/11 5:11 am - PA
i am doing relatively well with things. it seems the longer out i am it gets better. i do have a little problem with my movements. it seems like i get backed up and i stall for a couple of days.  other than that, i feel really good.

i am looking forward to making a support group meeting over at barix. i don't think i can get there until next month though. i really don't like my doctors support group. they are just boring .

how are things with you?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1800 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1896 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2575 views