OT: Feeling grateful

proudmama13
on 11/21/11 8:33 pm, edited 11/21/11 8:42 pm - Bristol, PA
Good morning OH family,

At our Thanksgiving dinner we always go around the table and share what we're grateful for this year, so I've been thinking about what I will say and here's my top 5 things that I will give thanks for this year:

1. The birth of a healthy, beautiful baby boy
2. An amazing family who has really come around and is supporting my decision to have WLS
3. An amazing OA sponsor who shared her food plan with me
4. The aforementioned food plan WORKS for me:-)
5. One day at a time I have been relieved of the insanity from addictions

Bonus: I am so grateful that I found the support I need in the OH community. 

I know this is a little early, but I am just sooooooo feelin' the love today, so I had to share...

Thanks and I hope everyone has a blessed day!
Selena

dit657
on 11/21/11 9:30 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Share away, Selena!! You have a fantastic list of things to be grateful for - especially that baby boy of yours so you have every right to be excited!!

Sometimes we forget what we need to be thankful for...but this is a good thread and maybe we can all join in. Here are 5 that I can think of right away for me.

1. My amazing husband who has been my biggest support throughout my WLS (and menopause!!)
2. My wonderful siblings who are also supportive and we have all become closer in the past year following my mother's passing.
3. Our new home in Florida! I realize that's a material thing but something we never thought we could do, and now we own our future 'retirement' home and can't wait to get there!!
4. My job, because without that number 3 would have never been possible - LOL!!
5. All of my wonderful friends - their constant support and understanding - and all of the amazing people on this Board who help me maintain my sanity and my weight.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
jojomoe523
on 11/21/11 10:44 pm - PA
I have a few things this year myself

1. I am thankful for my family. Had a big scare with my dad this year and I am thankful he finally listened to us, saw that  doctor and now is on the road to a great things after triple bypass surgery.
2. I am thankful for my chance to become healthy and for me to hopefully be around for a long time now.
3. I am thankful that my friends and family are so very supportive of my health choices and are my biggest cheerleaders.
4. I am thankful that my insurance covered this.
5. I am thankful that I have a roof over my head, food on my table, a family I love more than life itself and who love me right back.

jastypes
on 11/22/11 5:28 am - Croydon, PA
That's a great tradition.  My top 5 for today:  Today I am grateful for:

Abstinence
Sobriety
Having an amazing love in my life
12-step programs that work when you work them
The weight I managed to re-lose this year with the help of OA, OH and Barix.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1804 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1902 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2583 views