Been awhile...

proudmama13
on 3/31/12 5:22 am - Bristol, PA
Hidey Ho all!

I have not posted in FOREVER, so I figured now would be a good time.  I tried to post last weekend but every time I tried to type, I just couldn't find the words to express my thoughts.  Last weekend was tough.  We had to put our dog down.  It was the first time I have ever dealt with grief without food to "comfort" me, which meant that I actually had to deal with my emotions.  It was difficult, but not overwhelming and with the help of God, some great women in my life and a couple of meetings  I got through it and it gets a little easier every day. 

On a happy note, I am a little over halfway to my goal!  I have been so swamped with work and home life, that I didn't even realize I hit the halfway point!  Oh what a feeling it is to be able to go into my closet to what I call, "The Archive Collection" and wear anything I pull out...So cool.  I've also started taking our other fur baby and our son, Joey,  for walks when the weather is nice. 

So overall, life is good.  That's pretty much where I'm at today.  Thanks for listening.  Have a great day!

~Selena

jastypes
on 3/31/12 12:15 pm - Croydon, PA
Nice to see you post!  Don't be a stranger! Sounds like you're in good space and doing really well.  We love hearing about successes, and don't mind hearing about struggles either.  First serious emotional issue without food.  Good job using the other skills and tools you have.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Patricia R.
on 4/1/12 8:33 pm - Perry, MI
 Hi Selena,
I am so sorry to hear your dog had to be put down.  I vividly remember when I had to go through that.  It was really painful.  

Congrats on your successing toward goal.  You are working your program, and staying the course.

Let me know if you ever want to walk down by the river near the Bristol Pier.  I will bring my fur baby.  Or, I could drive over to your place, and join you and your crew.  

Hope you are healing a little each day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

jojomoe523
on 4/2/12 3:15 am - PA

Miss you Selena,  sorry about your fur baby. Call me sometime and we can go walk together. Kaitlyn would love to see your baby!!

Joanne

Laureen S.
on 4/2/12 11:09 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Selena,

I've been away for a few days with a group of women that I met as a result of my WLS.  We had a blast and I am the "baby" of the group at 56 and 4.5 years post-op, so I am first reading your post. . .

Want to congratulate you on meeting one of the first real challenges of your post-op life with having to deal with the loss of your furbaby, having gone through that a couple of years back, I know all too well the emotions that stirs up, they are after all family members. 

Want to also congratulate you on the excellent progress you've made with your weightloss and hope that one of these days we see you at Barix so you can show off your newer self!!!

Best wishes for continued "successing"

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

merrymorris
on 4/5/12 7:44 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Oh Selena! So sorry for your loss. Losing a furry baby is SO HEARTBREAKING!!

But, Congratulations for the great weight loss!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1800 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1896 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2575 views