OMG!!!

merrymorris
on 4/15/12 12:39 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Can't believe my DS is next thursday! I am so nervous but ready to start my new life. Is there anyone that has gotten the DS at Abington recently and can tell me what to expect Hospital and staff wise? Trying to expect the best.

bvohl
on 4/15/12 2:30 am
Good Luck to you and your new life!!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

proudmama13
on 4/15/12 7:51 am - Bristol, PA
Isn't it funny, we wait and wait for our day to get here and then when it's close the nerves kick in BIG TIME!  I remember it was ten days before my surgery that I really started to get a case of the jitters, so you're right on track!  I had RNY at Abington, not the DS, but I can tell you about my experience...The staff was amazing...so compassionate and kind.  They were really helpful and supportive.  The only negative was that one time it took about 45 minutes to get pain meds.  I spoke with Anne Marie the nurse practitioner about it, so maybe that won't happen to someone else.   But it was only a one time event.  Just make sure if you need something for pain, don't be shy about asking.  Good luck to you and I will be thinking of you! 

bubbles6472
on 4/15/12 10:02 pm - Perkasie, PA
 I go next Monday!  Today I go in for my pre-op appt and my blood type and screening.  I just got my date on April 7th as they had a cancellation.  So I haven't had much time mentally to prepare.  Been doing all the related tests and doctor appts.  But not really knowing when my date was going to be.  Everyone I have seen so far as been nothing but professional, kind and caring.  This was the only program my primary Doctor would allow me to go thru.  She knew they would check me from top to bottom before cutting me open.  Still need one more test, on Wednesday, for my heart.  The cardiologist wasn't liking my EKG, even though the computer that checks it said I was in the normal range.  So glad we have doctors *****ad them and just don't take the word of the computer.  

Good luck to you, maybe we will see each other in the hospital or at a support meeting.  :)

Donna

happyforonce
on 4/16/12 5:38 am - PA
Good luck! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1792 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1887 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2565 views