Saturday Roll Call - Where are the Weekend Warriors?

lynnc99
on 4/20/12 10:17 pm

Hey everyone.....just checking on all of you!

I am off to work in a few minutes. It's an overcast Saturday here in SWFL....which means that everyone and their brother will want to be at Apple! So I am putting on my best running shoes...

I wor****il about 3, then have a few "must do" items. I have some lesson preparation for church tomorrow, and also want to do my kitchen floor and some laundry. I'd like to browse through TJ Maxx too, on the way home, just for fun. Don't "need" a thing but do want to check out their swimsuits. I got a Longitude suit there last year which fit great but has now seen better days....it was like 75% off, so if I ever found another one, I'd jump on it!

Mike was in FL until last Wed. - he's back in PA now and jumped right back into the deep end of the pool at work. Miss him!

My weight is holding steady, actually down a few lbs. Tonight I want to make some chicken fajitas at home....been existing on subway salad, shakes, and easy easy stuff like that. Time for some actual food!

How's everyone doing out there?

Lisa H.
on 4/21/12 12:11 am - Whitehall, PA
 Morning Lynn... I'm around...

Siehara had a melt down last night that truly came from nowhere.. I'm sure it wasn't easy for her to come back home after being there.  It's not easy on either of us.  She did apologize last night and then again this morning and tried to figure out why the melt down happened.  This morning she determined that it was because she got her period today.  Ok fine... told her that is NEVER an excuse for the way she was talking to me and will not be overlooked.  She needs to get a grip on it and learn how to deal with it in a better way.   Other than that, the night went pretty well and she has accepted the rules I have set in place.  Now, to just be sure she continues to accept and follow them and things will be ok.  

Today, we are just hanging out this morning.  Around noon, we are going to go to the local animal shelter and do some volunteer work.  She really enjoyed spending time there and it's good for her and the animals.  

I have some meatballs cooking for dinner.  I don't really know what else is going to happen today.  I really just want to relax and maybe watch some movies or something together.. simple stuff.. I'm actually looking forward to the rain coming.  We need it so bad, plus it will kill off some of the pollen that is killing my nose..

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 4/21/12 2:15 am - Philadelphia, PA
Lisa, sending prayers. 

IdaMae

lynnc99
on 4/21/12 7:28 am
Lisa, there is a whole school of thought that early adolescence is a developmental stage amazingly parallel to the toddler years. Rapid brain growth and physical growth, need for limits juxtapositioned vs. need to expand and explore their worlds, need for safety and security, guided experiential learning....it all fits.

So I am not surprised that Siehara "decompressed" when she got home. Transitions can be hard. It can be hard to process or verbalize exactly how glad she was/is to be back home. It's very likely that she couldn't quite find the words to say it, or that her own sense of pride wouldn't allow her to say it. So what came out was the opposite of what she intended.

And maybe, just maybe, hormones had a piece of the action, but in this case I tend to doubt it.

So am I correct that she will be doing the day program next week? I'd anticipate that some hefty support is going to be necessary when she jumps back into the flow of regular school. Not academic....but the "flow" of her classmates that she has been away from will pose some real challenges. Just anticipating....be sure to set her up for as much success as possible with the school side of things.
IdaMae D.
on 4/21/12 2:07 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Lynn;
I'm around...Winding down the school.  Have a real "dickhead" excuse my language here for my last professor.  I've been tied up with a major project at work, did not have time to do any homework all week.  This was a very high profile project, could mean my job/career if I did not put my all into brining it in on time and with all parameters met.  Asked the prof for an extension of the 3 papers that were due last evening by 6 till today at 6, he said no.  I will be sending an email to the advisor of the program, the provost of the university, and if I can find the presidents email I will CC him/her as well.  Not sure who the acting president is at this time the old one stepped down.  I knew him and had no problem emailing him on occasion.

So today I am sitting here on the second floor, looking out the window at a beautiful day where I should be outside taking a walk, working on a new herb garden I'd like to start, or something other than sitting in here on the computer.

Hope you all enjoy your day...

Ida

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1801 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1897 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2577 views