Three words...

proudmama13
on 5/26/12 7:33 pm - Bristol, PA
Bathing Suit Shopping...

My in laws invited us to their pool for Memorial Day, so I had the extreme pleasure of going swimsuit shopping and it really was a pleasure!  I brought into the fitting room a bunch of suits in different sizes because I have no idea what size I am.  The first one I tried on I loved.  I even had to walk out of the dressing room in it to get something from my cart and the store worker said, "Oh, that looks nice on you!"  I then tried on some cover ups.  I grabbed the largest one I could find on the rack and thought, "This is a junior's size there's no way in heck it's gonna fit."  Well that bad boy did fit and it was a little big so I washed and dryed it hoping it would shrink up a little! 

Then I got on the scale and it has finally started to move again after a month stall. I'm so very grateful for my NSVs and SV.  I'm grateful for the amazing support that I have in my life and for the gifts of RNY and OA.  This surgery is one of the best choices I have ever made for myself.  Thanks everyone for being a part of my journey!!!

bvohl
on 5/26/12 11:35 pm
What an AWESOME WOW!!!

Congrats!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

jastypes
on 5/26/12 11:38 pm - Croydon, PA
Congratulaions!!!!!  I think not hating clothes shopping is another one of those definite benefits we get from this surgery and its fast results!!!  I love going shopping and knowing that any size 14 pair of pants I pick out is gonna fit, or any size 12 dress, or medium top, or etc. etc. etc.  Gone are the days of HATING any clothes shopping.   Yes! Even bathing suit shopping can be fun these days!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Patricia R.
on 5/27/12 5:15 am - Perry, MI
 You go girl!  I loved those first clothes shopping trips, and finally getting rid of my plus-size bathing suits.  

Enjoy your swim.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

lynnc99
on 5/27/12 5:25 am
Huge wow just daring to step out of that fitting room. Totally amazing feeling isn't it!.! Good for you!
jdruski
on 5/27/12 6:41 am - Philadelphia, PA

What a terrific WOW moment.  Congratulations.  Enjoy your Holiday.

Jeanne
Laureen S.
on 5/28/12 10:50 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Selena,

Incredible WOW moments like the one you speak of is one of the joys of this journey!  Yes, clothes shopping today sure is different. . .  I sped shopped myself into a nice summer dress at Ross' this weekend and I still look at some clothes thinking that is the right size for me, when in fact it is too big. . . 

Hope you enjoyed showing off in your new bathing suit and cover!!!

Laureen

PS. . .  glad you stall ended too!!!

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

swedeville1
on 5/29/12 3:51 am - Mount Pleasant, PA
Great job Selena!
You should be very proud of yourself. Embrace the wow moments and take in every drop of feel good you experience
Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1800 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1896 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2575 views