OT - Never been down this path before

lynnc99
on 6/4/12 10:33 pm
As some of you know, I have lived a little bit of life. At 56, I have seen a few things come and go. But I have never before faced the very real possibility of having no income.

Mike may well be unemployed by the end of the week. I would give it about a 99% chance. Depending on how it goes down, he may or may. It qualify for unemployment benefits. He has out out feelers for a job in FL....but that is not a sure thing at this point.

The business gyrations at his company have been painful for the last year or so. He is the last of the original mgmt team...new investors are at the helm now, and while they sing his praises with one hand, they out him into no win situations with the other. It is taking a toll on him emotionally, mentally, and physically. So it may be in his best infest to move on, but he certainly didn't plan to leave on a down note.

The good news is that we hadn't yet signed a lease for his apartment.

I head back to FL tonight. Keep us in your prayers!
Laureen S.
on 6/4/12 11:24 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Lynn,

Prayers are being said, but as I've well learned through my own experiences, things have a way of happening just at the right time, so whatever happens will be for the right things to fall into place.  The only problem with this process, is often we get scared when we are walking through that hallway to the next place. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 6/5/12 12:45 am - Perry, MI
 Lynn,
I understand that anxiety.  It is so hard to live in uncertainty.  I have tried to see these times as growth opportunities.  God said He will provide all of our needs.  I believe He will open a door at the right time.  But, stepping out in faith is so hard.  You have to trust your faith and your husband's job skills in this time of uncertainty.

God bless,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bvohl
on 6/5/12 2:08 am
 Lynn,

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this! I don't have any words of wisdom except that I am here for you with love and support!!

I will be praying that things work out better than you expect!!!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

lynnc99
on 6/5/12 3:48 am
Prayers, love, and support are much appreciated Beth!
lynnc99
on 6/5/12 3:49 am
Just noticing my ridiculous typos here...sorry!
IdaMae D.
on 6/5/12 7:48 am - Philadelphia, PA

Lynn;
We will keep you and Mike in our thoughts and prayers. 

Hugs,
Ida

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 6/5/12 8:47 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Thinking of you both.. hope he can either stay where he's at, or find something new.  I know how stressful it must be not knowing what is going to happen next.  

My tracker

hers 

R K.
on 6/5/12 10:47 pm
The best I can say is that you'll figure out a way to get through it. I was self employed and due to the economy and health issues I sold my last tractor at the end of 07. Self employed so no UEC but frugal living helped. 5 years later and still no job but I always knew the difference between wants and bare necessity needs.
You'll survive and come out the other end a very different person/couple.
"If I only had three words of advice, they would be, Tell the Truth. If got three more words, I'd add, all the time."
Randy Pausch
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1801 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1897 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2576 views