kinda sorta not really new

Robin R.
on 10/24/12 7:43 am - PA
RNY on 10/12/12
I've been on this site since last year, but I usually just stay in the RNY forum.  Figured I'd come and check out my fellow PA people :)  I just had my surgery 12 days ago and I'm feeling great! I don't know if it's because my prozac is now liquid or if it's the surgery itself, but I've had numerous comments from people telling me my mood is incredible and I'm all smiles! The first couple days in the hospital were HORRIBLE, I won't lie about that. 12 lbs down and just enjoying my new life feels great. Also, my sleep schedule has changed from being nocturnal to a normal person haha. Well, just thought I'd share a little. How is everyone doing and where are you guys at in your journey?

lynnc99
on 10/24/12 7:56 am
 Hi Robin! Congratulations on your surgery! I used to frequent the RNY board but now just stop in there every now and again - things move FAST over there!

How wonderful that your surgery went well. Sounds like you have been blessed with the smoothest recovery possible and you are happy with your decision. 

I am 3 + years out and maintaining pretty well. I'd love to lose 10 lbs. that seems to have crept back on from my happiest weight, but overall cannot complain and I do pretty well at managing things. If anything I am a "picky" eater these days!

Laureen S.
on 10/25/12 1:35 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Robin,

Congrats on your accomplishments thusfar and the early stages can be challenging. . . glad that you seem to be getting on and enjoying yourself!  Hope that we will hear lots of WOW experiences as you progress on this sometimes wacky journey of post-WLS life!  Just as an FYI, fat stores estrogen and you may at some point have some ups and downs as it leaves your body via the fat stores. . .  so if you suddenly nosedive emotionally, don't be too surprised, happens to the best of us. . .

Again, congrats and best wishes on your journey towards healthier and fully engaged living!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jastypes
on 11/6/12 5:43 am - Croydon, PA

Welcome, Robin! I'm 5+ years out and still loving my post-op life.  I was on anti-depression medication prior to surgery and found within months of the surgery I no longer needed it, I was so damned happy.  LOL.  Hope the same is true for you! 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1802 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1897 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2580 views