OOPS. Barix meeting below is this Saturday!

jastypes
on 4/3/14 4:24 am - Croydon, PA

Wrong date and I can't figure out how to fix it!  (not that anyone's around to read it anyway!)

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Bmspc
on 5/2/14 1:36 pm

When is this meeting really scheduled. I have surgery scheduled in two and a half weeks. I'm scared to death!!! Need a local surgery buddy. 

Beth

musicaldonna
on 5/3/14 3:57 am - PA

Barix has support groups on the 1st Saturday, 2nd Tuesday and 3rd Wednesday of each month.  I believe that the evening meetings begin at 7 PM and the Saturday meetings begin at 11 AM.  Try the Barix message board to see if you can connect with anyone.  This board was a lot more active when I had my surgery 5 years ago but has really died out the last 18 months.  Even though I no longer attend the support groups I found them to be very helpful during my first 3 years of recover.  Best of luck with your surgery.  Your surgeon is one of the best.  He operated on my sister 2.5 years ago and she is doing great.  Take care.

Donna

jastypes
on 5/4/14 11:15 pm - Croydon, PA

Hi Beth, so sorry I didn't see this sooner!  Donna is correct.  There are post-op meetings at Barix on the 3rd Wednesday of each month from 7 pm until 8:30 pm, and the first Saturday of each month from 11 a.m. until 1:30 pm.  We have a great new format where there are three speakers with three different topics, a special break-out group for people pre-op to a year out, and then time for discussion.  There is also a pre-op meeting the 2nd Tuesday of each month from 7 to 8:30 where post-ops are also welcome!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1801 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1897 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2577 views