Dueodenal Switch

Renfairewench
on 5/14/09 9:53 pm
I have a male friend who lives in Puerto Rico and weighs about 380. He has finally decided to look into having WLS. Because of his high BMI and a better excess weight loss expectation I suggested to him to have a Dueodenal Switch rather than a Distal RNY.

His insurance is Medicad and Medicare.

Can anyone give me the name or names of some surgeons in PR who perform the DS surgery?  If there are none who do the DS can you recommend any RNY surgeons in PR and also their location. He lives just outside of Aricebo and I believe would be OK with going to San Juan, however, it's more important that the surgeon be competent, skilled than in close proximity.

Thank you, 
    Maddie
labebita
on 5/23/09 10:37 pm
I am not currently liveing in PR tell him to ask the operator for the Name on the bariatric program they have in Hospital Menonita in Cayey PR I meet someone with only medicaid and they are covering the surgery on June I was back in Feb but he was a Smoker and the doctor cancel on him He said is a female doctor and the she is great and sincere please reply if he cant find it this is about two hour travel time from Arecibo I can find more info If you run into problem getting the info you need
Most Active
Recent Topics
id de bariatricos
kriss08 · 0 replies · 795 views
Hola novata in tha house
ilia123 · 0 replies · 6756 views
Surgery in PR with Medicare???
needledreams · 0 replies · 7001 views
Sleeve for $ 5,200
jgonzalez74 · 1 replies · 7347 views
Lap Band in Peru
Rachel F. · 0 replies · 7423 views