babies

melting-butta
on 6/13/12 1:16 am - laval, Canada
Hi everyone,

Has anyone had a baby after weight loss surgery?

The doctor suggested I wait 2 years before getting pregnant.

DO you know of anyone who has lost weight, then had a baby - did she gain alot of weight?

Stef

Barbara_journey
on 6/13/12 5:43 am - Canada
Hey Stef! 

I read this "Birth Control and Pregnancy
It is strongly advised that women of childbearing age use the most effective forms of birth control during the first 16 to 24 months after weight loss surgery. The added demands pregnancy places on your body and the potential for fetal damage make this a most important requirement."  On the life after WLS section.

I don't personally know anyone who has had WLS and gotten pregnant, however I know people who are having it and want children. There Dr also recommended waiting 18-24 months first...

I think once the inital weight is gone and you are "maintaining" would be a good time...

Just my opinon.

However, I am CERTAIN that some women DO NOT wait that long.. I have 3 kids, and I know what it is like to want a child, it's almost like no one can tell you otherwise! ;) 

Hope this helped? 

Hugs! 

B
melting-butta
on 6/13/12 5:59 am - laval, Canada
Thanks B :) I am excited about my future. Finally I can plan to travel, a family (God willing). I just wonder about weight gain during pregnancy. Coming from 400lbs ... this is my fear. Thanks for writing:)

cloudless
on 6/13/12 7:17 am - Gatineau, QC, Canada
VSG on 10/16/12
 Hey Stef - I can't answer your question regarding the baby issue, but I was wondering if you were keeping a blog or youtube channel or anything?  I love reading about people's journey, and since you were at my same starting weight - I'd love to hear your perspective.  Or maybe you've stumbled across some good ones you would recommend.  Let me know!

melting-butta
on 6/14/12 4:24 am - laval, Canada
Thanks ! I don't have a blog or anything like that. You can email me anytime, I check my email more often. [email protected]

Gabriella21
on 6/13/12 8:28 am - Roxboro, Canada

Hi Stef,

I think that someone in our support group came back after having a couple of kids. I don't remember her name but she is the blond lady who sits actually near you.

She's probably going to be at the meeting again next week if not you can always ask Jennifer.

Ada
melting-butta
on 6/14/12 4:25 am - laval, Canada
Hi Ada,

Thanks yes I think you are talking about Julie. I will talk to her in July. I cannot make the June meeting.

Ciao bella!

Stephanie

Amanda J.
on 7/25/12 5:32 am - St-Laurent, Canada
 hey everyone,you mentioned support meetings,do you know where and when they are held and if theres a cost wiuld love ti meet some people on top of being in this greatgroup,Thanks Amanda

Most Active