Interesting call...

grafiminou
on 4/3/13 12:30 am - montreal, Canada

In November 2010, I was put on the waiting list for bariatric surgery at Sacré-Coeur. Hospital in Montreal. I eventually decided to go the private route and paid out of pocket for my VSG in October 2011. I however left my name on the waiting list out of curiosity: I wanted to know how long it would take. Well, today, I got The Call! I could have gotten the surgery this month, after a 2.5-year wait.

I know that some here have waited way longer and others were lucky and got it very fast. But when I look back at what my life has been this past year and a half, of all the things I have accomplished, at the well-being and happiness I have achieved alongside the weight loss, I do not regret for one second the choice I have made (even though the financial burden was quite heavy). I have gained a wonderful 18 months by not waiting for The Call and that was money well spent as far I'm concerned!

Cheers,

Monica

sweet_sylvie
on 4/3/13 7:16 am
Woww I wish I was you!!
Who was suppose to be your surgeon?
Thanks
grafiminou
on 4/7/13 11:22 am - montreal, Canada

My initial meeting had been with Dr. Henry Atlas. I guess he'd have been the one to operate on me.

Julie L.
on 4/3/13 8:04 am - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 11/08/12

Yeah I went to Mexico because I wanted to start reaping the benefits of the surgery NOW and not in 2+ years,   I figure the money I spent on the surgery will be repaid by better health and hey,  no more junk food and diet coke,  I used to spend a ton of money on diet coke :)   Although now that I feel better I hired a personal trainer and got a membership at the gym so...  i'm back to spending a lot of money :)   But hey,  I'm walking 6 to 8 kilometers a day now,  and just this past october i'd be in pain just walking to the corner of my street.   The health gains have been SO worth it.

Tropicalprincess
on 5/2/13 8:56 am

Me too I decided to go to Mexico. I have been waiting now for one year for a phone call to have an information meeting at Pierre Boucher.  No idea what kind of surgery or when after that call.

I'm at 15 pounds from goal, no more high blood pressure, back pain, heel pain, knee pain, hip pain and feeling more and more strong.  

Most Active