Prior to surgery...

zealseal911
on 5/16/13 10:31 am - NY
Before surgery did you ever think that, one day, you would be able to live a very active life? I hope to run a 5k one day, but i honestly cant picture myself ever being anything but a fat couch potato. Thanks in advance for your response. Have a super day!

Green_Mamba79
on 5/16/13 10:47 am - phoenix, AZ
My surgery is coming up soon too and I feel the exact same way. I wanna start getting out more. I will take it one day at a time
MultiMom
on 5/16/13 10:54 am - NH

I SO wanted to just be able to shop in a regular store or MAYBE be able to borrow clothes from my daughter or a friend! Now most of them are bigger than me. The possibilities are endless.....

Martha enlightened

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

brenda_m
on 5/16/13 11:03 am - Renick, WV

I have my 1st visit with surgeon 2mrw morning. Im in my 2nd month of the 6 month requirement before surgery. Im so excited about all this. Its overwhelming. I've already lost 22 lbs in my 1st month. Im so ready for this. Keep positive thoughts in your mind. Think of how much better your going to feel and look after all this. Its a long journey. Dont become discouraged. Now is the time you should start having all good thoughts and feelings. Good Luck on your journey!!

zealseal911
on 5/16/13 11:29 am - NY
Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone. You all rock!!!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/16/13 11:53 am - OH

I have bad knees (just had one replaced), so my life isn't very active even after losing 190 pounds, BUT... with a starting BMI of 57, before surgery it was VERY hard to imagine walking up a flight of stairs without getting winded (let alone two or three flights!), going through an entire day without giving a single thought to my weight once dressed in the morning, or never having to worry about being able to fit in ANY seat...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

jensieck76
on 5/16/13 1:47 pm - TX
I think about getting on a roller coaster again....and although I had cute plus sized clothes buying a pair of miss me jeans is an exciting thought.

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13 laugh

CW 190!!! GW Anything under 200 was the icing on the cake...going for 170...lil more icing never hurt anybody!

Laura in Texas
on 5/17/13 11:45 pm

I wish I could wear Miss Me jeans, but the loose skin in my butt and thighs prevents me from doing so. They do not fit my body right. Maybe if I ever get my thighs done, I will be able to wear them.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

MrsLitch
on 5/16/13 2:11 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
I was pretty active prior to surgery but it took me longer to do things or it hurt or I had to sit and rest with my family patiently waiting for me. The december before surgery we zip lined down a hill in honduras, 8-9 legs of the trip. After the 4th zip I asked if there was any other way down, but there wasn't. The guides were so kind, they got a big tip.

This past december at 90+ pounds lost we went on our annual cruise. We jet skied in the ocean, walked for 5 hours shopping in mexico, and it was me waiting for my family to rest or catch up. Never in a million years would I have believed it. While the weight loss is great it's the nsv's that have made this journey amazing!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

CosmoK
on 5/17/13 12:14 am

It's funny you ask that :)  Just last night I was speaking with a dear friend at work and she signed up the Fit to 5k here in Maine for Sept 29th I think... With that said it just hit me, OMG one day I will be able to attempt a 5k race....  I am going to set a goal to make it for Sept... It's a Very unlikely scenario but if I have a goal maybe I can work a little harder to be in the ballpark... Its the wierdest thing... At 423 pounds now at surgery Monday 13th, I have been a very calm happy person with NOT ONE REGRET.. I am thinking of all the little things I will be able to do.. The Foods I will be able to experiment with... TH NSV'S that will happen :)  I tell ya if I ever run a 5k and cross the finish line I will cry like a baby...

Highest Weight: 468 Pounds, Pre Op Diet Weight: 436 Pounds, Surgery Weight: 423 Pounds

Surgery Date 5-13-13 with Dr Roy Cobean Portland Maine.. Casco Bay Surgeries!!!  Wonderful place!!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 187 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 187 views