Yogurt

cherylwk
on 9/22/14 12:25 am - Standish, ME

Can anyone recommend a good Greek Yougurt?

joansch
on 9/22/14 12:36 am

Dannon Light and Fit Greek -- delicious! I especially like the raspberry. Blueberry and Strawberry are also good. 80 cal, 7g sugar, 12g protein. I don't usually like yogurt, but this is very good.

Joan, Annapolis, MD

5'3"    SW: 248   Surgery date: 28 Aug 2014

selhard
on 9/22/14 12:58 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Dannon Light and Fit is a good one.  To save money, I also get the Walmart version of Greek Light for $3.18 a four-pack.  I consider greek yogurt my "ice cream" usually mixing berries, banana, or nuts in with it as a great snack option.

selhard
on 9/22/14 1:09 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Oh yeah, Yoplait Greek 100 vanilla flavor is very good but has 20 more calories than the Dannon brand.  

triza106
on 10/31/14 4:29 am
with

I so, agree.....Dannon Light and Fit Greek is awesome. Never tasted a Yogurt like this. I use it as one of my meals.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/22/14 12:36 am - OH

If you are asking about taste, that varies widely from one person to another, and what I love someone else will hate.  Most Greek yogurts are too sour for me (e.g. Fage and most flavors of Chobani), so I like the Dannon Greek yogurt (some are fruit on the bottom and some are blended ). Right now my favorite is the strawberry cheesecake flavor!

If you are asking about nutrition, the protein and carb content is roughly the same in all of them, so it is usually a matter of whether any sugar is added or what sweetener is used.  The Dannon Greek has 80 calories per serving which is lower than some (like the Chobani).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

dccyr
on 9/22/14 1:08 am

Fage 0% plain with fresh chopped fruit, 14 grams of protein and 90 calories per 6 oz.  Then add fruit. Yummy. Also like Dannon Greek, most flavors.

Chilipepper
on 9/22/14 1:56 am

I love the Fage. I don't make a meal of it. I just eat it get the protien. I have gotten used to the sour taste so I don't have to add anything to it. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

gr8ape
on 9/22/14 2:11 am

activia low fat greek yogurt, love it

The Salty Hag
on 9/22/14 3:18 am, edited 9/22/14 3:19 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Dannon Light and Fit Greek is super yummy. My personal favorite is the banana cream. 

ETA Sorry didn't mean to directly reply to you, oops! 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 210 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 280 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?