What's on your Monday Menu?

Grim_Traveller
on 4/9/24 4:17 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I'll have to try a crumpet some time. My favorite bread thing to make, and eat, are English muffins.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

catwoman7
on 4/9/24 9:09 am
RNY on 06/03/15

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Melody P.
on 4/8/24 4:35 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all! QJB, so sorry to hear about your knee! Ice ice baby...great now that's stuck in my head..lol

Not a lot planned today. I should find out about the cost of the dental crap. Yay? We do have have to pick up the kids after school.

Yesterday was mostly good. I absolutely hate what and how strokes change in people. My mom never acted like this before then. She is still being very difficult and saying VERY hurtful things. She had me bawling twice yesterday. One in particular was quite savage. She has gotten downright mean. There isn't much in my power I can do. Sigh. Other than that my day was ok. Rachel loved LOVED her dice bag. She almost cried. That sure made me grin ear to ear. She is 1# and I can't believe it. She was also excited to have her own sets of dice. It made me happy that she is happy. She is on the low end of the totem pole in the family so it just made my heart warm to know that she knows I see her. She also got a crap ton of Pokémon cards(her words). Happy girl!

QOTD: we're getting about 80-85% totality BUT we're almost certain to be clouded over.

B: eggs, cheese and 4 crackers. Coffee x 2

S: chicken and dill pickle ketchup

L: spaghetti, very small amount

S: ???

D: not sure on this one.

wanted to share the dice bag again because I am quite proud of it :o)

Greateight
on 4/8/24 5:03 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

The Superhero race was pretty cute. Lot's of kids dressed up in costumes and a number of parent's also. The race organizers also hired a number of costumed performers to walk around and greet people. The performers were dressed in much higher quality costumes than the Halloween stuff most people were wearing (which in turn was much higher quality than my T-shirt approach) Seeing the kids in their costumes brought back memories because both of our boys wore their Spiderman onesies about 150 days a year.

The timer sounded and after about 400 yards, 90% of the kids came to a dead stop once they realized that running was tiring. I did manage to avoid hitting anybody in the pileup. There was no timer or clock, but I know that I ran the whole way which was good. I am planning to make this race the beginning of training for the August 25th Sprint Triathlon, so I better get going.

The rest of the weekend seemed to fly by: taxes, basketball, finished Happy Valley, gym, etc. I could use an extra day off. No Crossfit today, we will jus****ch the game tonight.

QOTD: Unfortunately, I don't have any plan yet. It is going to happen at 2:00 CST and I believe that Chicago is getting a lot, but not full coverage. I will be in the office. I will have to research what sort of glasses need to be worn, etc., because I would like to see it. Marilyn and her friend are going to an event at the park District.

Breakfast: Bagel

Lunch: catered

Dinner: Italian Beef sandwiches

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Amy Liz
on 4/8/24 5:37 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ That meme is totally me. I had no idea puzzling was dangerous? Leave it to me to tweak something as well. I hope your knee feels better. This weekend was on point for food and walks w/little girl. I don't think Rob can bring himself to walk her alone just yet, he skipped both days this weekend. I may be walking her when I get home - good, I need to move!! He will come around. Kiddo didn't come over yesterday but may tonight. Beautiful day yesterday, so relaxing and only the absolutely necessary got done. I was supposed to get my bloodwork done this am but was on my 2nd cup of coffee before I remembered fasting. The next thing I knew, I was rationalizing and talking myself out of doing it at all. I just had bloodwork done in Dec and it was very good. Is this even necessary? I know, I know...

QOTD - We are supposed to have 30ish% between 10-12 today. I remember there was a total eclipse when I was in 5th grade. I think we made special boxes to view it. Maybe it was the cardboard camera? or both? I don't remember. I'm sure we will all step out at some point to have a look.

Accountability - great - 182.8.

B- coffee, cottage cheese, EBB, tomato

l - ham and cheese on protein bread w/let and pickle

d - leftover chicken pesto w/protein pasta, tomato and parm

s- cucumbers and beef jerky

809/92

Have a wonderful day!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Emiepie
on 4/8/24 5:40 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Well we are off to a new week. My weekend was relaxing with a hair appt and pedicure and not much else but for some reason I'm still feeling tired today.

QOTD: I'm not sure what our percentage is but I know it's not too high. Em is going to try and to see it at the beach with her BF so maybe I'll see some pics form that.

TSS: 9 years 7 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Protein puffs, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Steak, broccoli, a banana, and dark chocolate

ES: yogurt and toast

E: Treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1349 Protein:120 Carbs:138 Fat:45

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 4/8/24 6:57 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

We'll see 86% of the eclipse today in Madison. I'll be in a film for half of it, so at least I'll get to see some of it (I don't have glasses, but I can admire the darkness). Last night's movie was terrific - "Red Rooms". Very intense and kind of creepy, but I loved it. I met two new people while volunteering before the movie - fellow volunteers. Two post docs. We talked about meeting up for pizza sometime soon. Hopefully it'll happen - I really enjoyed their company.

coffee with half & half

I'm not hungry at all, and there was a photo of me in FB memories this morning from back when I weighed 150 lbs. I'll give it the old college try again. I looked great at that weight. You wouldn't think it would be THAT hard to get back to that weight, but it is. Even losing five lbs is tough these days..

I'll focus on protein today (I'll need to take a couple of protein bars to the theater, since I'm both seeing a film AND working and will be there for almost eight hours). I'll try to keep my intake to 1000-1200 kcal.

have a great day, everyone!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Sheila_H
on 4/8/24 7:24 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

I had a productive weekend. Sat did most of my odds and ends shoppings for the upcoming trip. All items needed and wanted were bought, now I just need to fit everything in a 50lb limit suitcase.

On Sunday I had brunch with my boys' moms group. It's always fun when you can relate to each other; we all complained about our boys and also realized, not for the first time, all boys are the same. These kids have known each other since kindergarten, and now they are spread out all over the country with different interests, but they all behave the same: ignore mom's texts.

QOTD: the peak time will be around 11:15 a.m. and last for about an hour with a "peak eclipse obscuration" of about 34%, which means about one-third of the sun's surface area will be covered by the moon.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee + ginger bread scone
  • Egg bites
  • Fluffy yogurt, brown sugar shaken espresso
  • Toppings of two slices of pizza
  • E: rest day

Happy start of the week (two more sleep days in US!)

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 4/8/24 8:02 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I want a gingerbread scone

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Teenie
on 4/8/24 8:03 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

That dumb puzzle. Glad you got an appointment to have the knee looked at. I am having some thigh and knee pain myself this morning. I decided it would be a good idea to run a 5K in support of Jim's fun run. I did my trampoline class first and came home and ran. Well at least I know if I had to run a 5k tomorrow I would not win but I wouldn't be lying on the side of the road somewhere. I did it in 41 minutes. To run the whisky Rebelion on July 4th I need to get it down to at least 34 so not to embarrass myself and I will need to get it under 32 if I want a medal. Last year I did not start training till May 28 so hopefully getting a head start will work in my favor. Oh, and I ate tons of ham this weekend and started making high protein treats. Does anyone still use protein powders? I am looking for a good one. When I look online, they say Ghost and a few others, but I do not know if they are great in the bariatric world. What do you guys use?

QOTD: Here in Pittsburgh, we are at 97% and we all received glasses on our desks when we came in this morning. If it is not cloudy, I will head out at 3:10 to take a look.

Accountability; Me did good.

TSS: 6 years 3-months 28-days 162.6 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee mate Chocolate Caramel creamer

MS: Protein puffs and a snack select

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

L: Texas Roadhouse cup of chili and ham

D: Ham and cheese with may and I will make a protein fluff i**** powder protein, milk and a banana) I need a snack.

Exercise: dog walking

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great week my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 32 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 293 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 298 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views