What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 5/20/24 3:24 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Monday, Gang! I hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was very very nice--good combo of organization and relaxation. I could really use another day off, but whaddya gonna do? Today is very quiet at work so I can keep my head down and finish a big project I've been working on.

QOTD: Have you ever received a package with your name on it, that you know you didn't order? When I lived alone in my condo I got a huge box of men's clothes from a clothing company that I had not ordered. I called and they were so insistent that I did order it, even though I was not charged for it and...I'm not a man. They finally concluded there must have been computer glitch and told me to donate the clothes. It was weird and a little freaky though!

ZERO accountability this weekend. I was terrible :(

• protein coffee
  • oatmeal
  • fish taco
  • snap peas & cheddar round
  • aspragus & chicken

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 5/20/24 4:14 am - Amarillo, TX

Morning y'all!

It hasn't been the best of mornings for me. Throwing a little pity party for one. My back is hurting a lot and my legs...and my mouth...and my shoulders. Then to top it off I threw up. Eck. Just so over it. I see my pain clinic this morning for whatever that's worth. Thanks to a few sales and saved change I have about 150 saved for the dentist and I should be able to do the rest by next Monday. It's quite sore but I've got to deal with it until at least then. I'm just so overly annoyed. We may see if they'll let us pay off the rest after the 1st when I get SSI.

We have the kids after school today. It's supposed to be 97° today and I'm annoyed at that as well LOL, not ready for summer but it is here early. I'm waiting for the jumprings to make a wallet chain someone ordered. They are coming from Canada so it'll take a while. I might make some pendants today if I have the time. I made the cutest butterfly wing earrings for myself that I'll try to get a pic of.

QOTD: yes, I had a hard Christmas one year...not long ago that a bunch of wonderful people remedied. I will never forget that kindness and try to pay it forward all the time when I can. I also once got one of those HUGE harry and David food box towers that I still don't know who sent it. This was about 10 or so years ago. I think it was my late best friend but she never coped to it.

food. Blah.

Mel

Amy Liz
on 5/20/24 5:21 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ What a weekend and honestly, I'm glad it's over! I need structure and discipline because clearly at my core I am a very lazy person, which doesn't work for my long term health goals. Saturday was super lazy and Yesterday was semi lazy. Golf was fun, even though it was overcast and cold. I'm looking forward to it this summer and not dying from the heat. I had no idea Bridgerton season 3 part 1 was available!! I wasted so much time this weekend not watching it... I watched E1 finally late last night. I made 2 pans of protein baked oats and they are not for me. The flavor and texture leave a lot to be desired for this recipe. I'm over it as they will never be the decadent oat bars of my dreams. Today is a busy day and this week is packed so I really need my A game! Maybe there is something to resting all weekend.

QOTD - Yes, last Christmas- 2 canvas hiking type sling bags from Amazon. I really thought someone sent them to me and tried to figure out who! No one ever fessed up so I gave them to my niece.

Accountability - I had a really good dinner and the rest of the day? I am pleading the 5th. I managed 6,861 steps. Today - 180.8 and bloated as hell. Moving on... 35 minute full body workout DONE this am so I am off to a good start.

B- coffee w/half and half, yogurt, strawberries, protein granola

l - ham and cheese on protein bread

d- leftover pulled pork and coleslaw, pickled onions

s- apple w/peanut butter

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Grim_Traveller
on 5/20/24 5:57 am
RNY on 08/21/12

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Melody P.
on 5/20/24 6:06 am - Amarillo, TX

Holy crap that made me laugh.

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 5/20/24 1:48 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

You know I had to watch that again!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Grim_Traveller
on 5/20/24 4:29 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

It's 20 years old next year . . .

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Mkess
on 5/20/24 5:25 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Monday,

I had a pretty lax weekend since I haven't been feeling well. It's more of the same today but I will try to attend 3 appts today and go from there.

QOTD- I used to get unprompted packages frequently. Companies used to send me stuff since they thought I had something they wanted.

I'm pretty let down by the scale. It seems that it does not support my recent diet. 3lbs gained. 237.4.

B: Chobani Zero sugar coconut yogurt, tangerine.

L: Chicken something.

D: strip steak if I'm up to it. Otherwise it will be a Fairlife shake. My Costco had Fairlife in stock so I bought 5 cases. I like Fairlife more than PP.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 235 Surgery: 8/9/21. 20lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Emiepie
on 5/20/24 5:28 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I had a good weekend. Mostly relaxing and errand running. I did go to Em's Saturday night and we went swimming. Today is payroll check distribution day so it'll be a chaotic one.

QOTD: Not that I can remember. Unless a pizza order counts?!? I don't know who/why but several years ago we had someone order pizza and have it delivered (back in the day where you could pay cash when it was delivered). It happened three times over a month or so. We never figured out who was doing it.

TSS: 9 years 9 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Protein puffs, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: TBD

ES: yogurt and toast

E: rest days until my PT eval next week. I attempted the elliptical on Saturday and my ankle was not happy about it at all.

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1432 Protein:116 Carbs:133 Fat:52

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Dcgirl
on 5/20/24 6:03 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning! It's a balmy 74 here in DFW and I came down to breakfast 45 minutes early to get coffee and sit out in the patio in the shade. It's very lovely. Today is an offsite that includes a "surprise indoor team bonding activity" and we were instructed to wear jeans and a t-shirt and comfortable closed toed shoes. Is it horseback riding? A roped course? An escape room? Ax throwing? I have no idea haha. I am just damn glad I'm not still SMO because these types of things gave me a lot of angst wondering if I would fit/could do it. Yet another NSV after WLS.

Food is up in the air - hotel fare for breakfast and lunch and then dinner at a steakhouse called B&B Butchers. I don't eat steak (don't disown me, Grim and Jim and Matt and Lady Godiva!) so I'll opt for either Dover sole or tuna tartare or crab!

I hope everyone has a great first day of the week!

Most Active
Recent Topics