Which Dr???

Sharekia W.
on 11/28/09 4:34 pm
Which (if any) Dr's in SC perform DS surgery? I am looking at the list on the site and all say RNY or VBG... My surgeon is retired. I cant ask him anything ab****s going on w/me.

Just wanna get it right

ryansgirl
on 12/17/09 1:37 am, edited 12/17/09 1:37 am
what is going on? are you wanting a ds. sorry if i late.

nikki
Sharekia W.
on 12/17/09 1:44 am
 Hey Nikki,
I am looking to have a revision to my RNY from 2004 to a DS. I have since learned that my ins isnt gonna pay for it and I will probably have to go to mexico anyway. ...or somewhre. Trying to plan it now. I dnt knw, I went to a Dr. here and he seems to think that gaining 30 pounds back is not a cause for any type of revision. I went back to the basics and lost 17 of those pounds so... any thoughts?

Just wanna get it right

Mary H.
on 1/8/10 9:27 am - Gray Court, SC
I read an interesting article on RNY revisions that said the majority of people that have the revision do not lose much weight after it is done. I thought that was strange, since I was hoping that if I ever gained weight back, there would be something that could be done to lose the weight again. My doctor won't do revisions, he says if you gained the weight back the first time that it would happen the second time also, so I'm confused by him saying that, as though you can lose weight after a revision, but the article says different.
IF WE WEREN'T ALL CRAZY WE WOULD GO INSANE!             
                Jimmy Buffett
ryansgirl
on 12/17/09 3:59 am
well if you lost 17 already.........................buti know what you mean. i just had the vsg. i'm down 75 pounds i have 98 more to go an i do wonder if the vsg will be enough to keep there for life. so i can understand on that note. i went to mexico for my vsg. i think there only one doctor in mexico that does the ds and last time i check it was 12,000 (i could be wrong)

nikki
ashleynicole86
on 1/1/10 8:53 am - SC
I recommend coming over to the DS forum. There are people there who were revised from RNY to DS and will be able to help you out.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Charleston MUSC patients
MsRadar65 · 0 replies · 317 views
Overstitch Surgeon?
Pamela G. · 1 replies · 3063 views
Greenville sc
ebonymc · 0 replies · 3969 views
Union,SC
Tracy6035 · 0 replies · 4304 views