Where to stay in Columbia?

needledreams
on 7/5/10 12:19 pm - Carolina, Puerto Rico
 I'll be traveling to Columbia, SC in August for a Lace Convention and because I'm looking for a dr that makes RNY surgery using Medicare I found SC Obesity Center.  So now I'm thinking traveling either a few days before my convention and go to a seminar or stay a little longer.  I won't have problem with my stay from August 25-29, but the days before and after that date I need to find a place to stay.

Does anyone knows of a place to stay near the Center?  Hotels are out of question because the stay will be more than 10 days and will cost a minimum of $600 or more.  I have a budget for rent of $400-$500.

Any information will be greatly appreciated!!!    I marked it urgently because I need to buy my air ticket this week or the next one and need the information to see if I can travel to a seminar and my event or just to my event.
H.A.L.A B.
on 7/7/10 7:27 am

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

needledreams
on 7/7/10 7:35 am - Carolina, Puerto Rico
   Thanks for the information.  I have never used those services but I'll try them right now!
H.A.L.A B.
on 7/7/10 8:05 am
you are welcome. just be careful. Siunce you can buy the hotels on line - most of them will not offer a refund or allow you any changes after you pay for the room.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics
Charleston MUSC patients
MsRadar65 · 0 replies · 317 views
Overstitch Surgeon?
Pamela G. · 1 replies · 3063 views
Greenville sc
ebonymc · 0 replies · 3969 views
Union,SC
Tracy6035 · 0 replies · 4304 views