Advice needed, completely off the topic of weight loss

nolabean504
on 8/3/10 1:25 am - Metairie, LA
Hi All,

Ok, so this is pretty off topic, but since I get most of my advice from this website's forums, I thought I would give it a shot and rely on the expertise of my fellow "losers". My family is considering moving to the Charleston area, I love the idea of James Island, but what do I know? Sound good, but... I have a 13 yr old daughter in an advanced magnet school outside of New Orleans, La  - small and sheltered, but public. What school system would you recommend (all of Charleston). She will be entering high school. Would James Island Charter High School be appropriate or should I consider other areas, we will be visiting soon and I would like to narrow down a few ideas. 

James Island appeals to me because the real estate market seems affordable, I love the closeness to downtown and the beach, the possibility of water front property, feels like Louisiana but is not.

Thanks for the advice!

MomtoAndy
on 8/4/10 7:18 am, edited 8/4/10 7:19 am - Columbia, SC
I don't know anything about the James Island Charter School, but as the parent of a gifted 13 year old, I know that if I lived in Charleston, he'd be at the Academic Magnet High school in North Charleston once he reached high school.

It's the top ranked academic magnet in the nation. Jame's Island is kind of a haul from there, but I certainly would NOT suggest living in N. Charleston.

Hope this helps!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Charleston MUSC patients
MsRadar65 · 0 replies · 322 views
Overstitch Surgeon?
Pamela G. · 1 replies · 3065 views
Greenville sc
ebonymc · 0 replies · 3974 views
Union,SC
Tracy6035 · 0 replies · 4309 views