Anyone from Greenville area?

Starlight9763
on 9/22/10 10:17 pm - NC
Hi there!  I had my surgery (bypass) May of 2008 and I will be moving into the area with hardly 2 weeks notice!  Need help!  Anyone from the Greenville area that knows of an okay place to live that is safe and nice but not expensive? (2 bedroom with pets) I am going sight un-seen and scared.  I will also need to know of a surgeon in the area to follow up with.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks so much.  xo Sharon xo
April G.
on 9/23/10 4:01 am - Greenville, SC
Hi,

My dad is from Syracuse!  I have lived in Greenville for the past 35 years.  For a surgeon,  I highly recommend Dr Chaudary at St Francis Hospital.  Wonderful man! 

If you want to know more about Greenville, PM me and let me know where you are working and I can give you a heads up opn things.  We are near Paris Mountain
working towards surgery

OnederlandHereICom
e

on 9/23/10 4:14 am
Me too - Dr. Chaudari did my Gastric Sleeve - his staff office is great and he's a highly skilled surgeon - my surgery went great.

PM me and I can talk to you about different places.  

Greenville is a pretty cool place!

Like the butterfly,  I have the strength and the hope to believe 
In time I will emerge from my cocoon... Transformed. Kirsti A. Dyer, MD, MS

W. John Suber,
M.D.

on 9/28/10 5:06 am - Greenville, SC
I would only recommend that you look into the "Eastside" area...just my thoughts. It's the area that has the most "new growth." There are lots of choices there.

Good luck on your move! If I can help you in any way, please let me know.
BigWayne
on 9/30/10 9:59 am - Greenville, SC
I am glad to see from folks on here from Greenville. I live off Roper Mtn Rd and Dr Bour will be doing my surgery late in Dec. I have a special problem because I cook for a living. I am sure this will make my journey harder, but I am excited.
BigWayne       
W. John Suber,
M.D.

on 12/7/10 4:17 am - Greenville, SC
lol

I know this area quite well! We have some land off Roper, and my office is nearby as well. Nice area.  ;-)

W. John Suber, MD
Foothills Plastic Surgery, LLC
Greenville, SC
SuberMD.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/WJSuberMD

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/1/10 3:02 am
Try to get Dr Bour.  He is my doc and he is great.  Very busy, but he really cares about his patients.
Welcome to town. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Starlight9763
on 10/20/10 4:25 am - NC
Contacted Dr. Bour's office but since I had my surgery someplace else I would need to pay $1,000 "enrollment fee".  That sounds a bit crazy to me.  Guess I will check with other doctors or someplace that isn't all about the money.
H.A.L.A B.
on 10/20/10 12:31 pm
That fee may cover more that you thyink it does.
I paid my fee - but now I have psych appointemnt and nuts visit for free.  It is a lot of money - but that also covers a lot.  There are weekly support group meetings, and the support you get is really good.
i.e. 24 hrs docs on call - in case of something going wrong.  I only used that a few times - but when i needed- it was great I had that. 

Verify what is covered, and why is the fee.  I know it is a lot of money - but I found out over and over again that it was the best money I could put forward a great docs care. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

OnederlandHereICom
e

on 10/24/10 10:55 pm
 There's a support group meeting tonight for Carolina Surgical at 5 pm at St. Francis Eastside they welcome patients who are pre-op, post-op, and who have had surgery elsewhere.  I'm planning on going tonight - hope t see you there!

Like the butterfly,  I have the strength and the hope to believe 
In time I will emerge from my cocoon... Transformed. Kirsti A. Dyer, MD, MS

Most Active
Recent Topics
Charleston MUSC patients
MsRadar65 · 0 replies · 322 views
Overstitch Surgeon?
Pamela G. · 1 replies · 3065 views
Greenville sc
ebonymc · 0 replies · 3974 views
Union,SC
Tracy6035 · 0 replies · 4309 views