HELP with SC Medicaid

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/10 9:26 am - Conway, SC
I've been looking all over the net and cant find the answer to these questions...

What are the requirements to have WLS with SC Medicaid?

What types of WLS does it cover?

My husband and I are both considering WLS surgery...we know that there is a 6 month requirement of doctor monitored weight loss....we both have that, just with another dr in NC.  My husband has 4 years and I have 1 year.  Does that count for the 6 months?

What part(s) of the process does SC Medicaid NOT cover?

Any help would be great!  Thanks in advance!
maggierose
on 3/20/11 12:13 am - North charleston , SC
Work for a Medicaid HMO in SC. Just keep a good record of that 6 mo of diet history. That is what I see as the biggest hold up. Remember you can use your Primary care Doctor for this.
L. Matteson
on 2/15/12 9:20 am
RNY on 07/02/12
I know this thread is a year old, but I was wondering how recent the 6 mos medically supervised diet has to be. I have 6 consecutive months back in 2009, will that work?
wljsransom
on 2/26/11 11:50 pm - AL
As Long as everytime you went to the dr. they took your weight and talk to you about your weight and your diet. and it is documented. I used my PCM. He did it at every visit. even if it was just a meds refill. I wish you luck in your weight loss journey. You wont regret it. It was the best thing I did in my life besides my kids...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Charleston MUSC patients
MsRadar65 · 0 replies · 322 views
Overstitch Surgeon?
Pamela G. · 1 replies · 3065 views
Greenville sc
ebonymc · 0 replies · 3974 views
Union,SC
Tracy6035 · 0 replies · 4309 views