cost of medicare copay for surgery.

gunterm2009
on 6/22/11 12:01 pm
I had my first meeting , with Sc obesity, at Lexington Medical.  I found out medicare does cover it , with a 6month pre diet meetings etc. I was just wondering is there a copay u have to pay before surgery or is it all coverd. I think i only have  part a and b of medicare.  Any info would help.  IM sure they will let me know all this in next few weeks. Just trying to get a heads up on what to expect etc. 
dladycole
on 6/22/11 2:34 pm - west columbia, SC

Im not sure about medicare but copay for medicaid is 25.00 for overnite hospital stay and 2.80 for dr. vist

shirleyann
on 6/24/11 2:21 pm - SC
Hi, I was also wondering, is it true you have to do a six month diet for medicaid if your doctor deem the surgery necessary? And how long after the diet, if you have to do one, will it take before you have the surgey? Thanks!
dladycole
on 6/27/11 9:55 am - west columbia, SC
From my understanding you have to do the 6mths wls reguardless of your doctors visit. after that it will take about 5 to 7 days to from the date of your EDG to get a approval or denial from your insurance company!!!!
shirleyann
on 6/27/11 1:06 pm - SC
Hi, thanks for the info. I know someone who didn't have to do the six months because after some blood test he had done, they deemed it medically needed. He said he was borderline diabetic and hypertension. So, maybe that is why...he also weighed in at 605lbs. So, that may had something to do with it. I am gonna to do it either way. I believe if I trust God, all will work out. I don't mind doing the diet that much. How are things with you, if you don't mind me asking? :)
dladycole
on 6/28/11 11:38 am - west columbia, SC
OK, I can't say anything about that. I personally weight 241lbs my height is 5ft and my BMI is 47.5 which is very close to being extreme obesit. I personal don't think I have a lot health issue.... I do have acid reflux and high cholesterol. I have some women issues as well. Im currently waiting on the insurance to appove my surgery. Prayerful i will have answer by this friday. You can ask many question as you like thats the OH family way!
shirleyann
on 6/28/11 1:43 pm - SC
Girl, all is going to be just fine with you on this Friday. Your approval is on the way!!! I currently weigh in at 350lbs and I am having problems with my blood pressure. I have always had diabetis with my pregnacies. So, I am trying to get this weight off. I have tried diets, diet pills and almost everything under the sun and still no results. I was tested in my faith today because I called Lexington Medical Center to set up an appt. for the seminar and she asked what insurance I had and of course  I said medicaid and she said, "Im sorry but we don't take medicaid as a primary insurance, only as a secondary"! Girl, I was floored but then I remember seeing a lady on here that had medicaid and used Baptist hospital, so I called and they still take medicaid. Whew....I was soooooo relieved.  God is good and we must ALWAYS keep the faith no matter what comes our way!  It is so good to have someone close to talk to, I live in Columbia so when I saw you are from West Columbia, I was glad. Thanks so much for talking!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Charleston MUSC patients
MsRadar65 · 0 replies · 317 views
Overstitch Surgeon?
Pamela G. · 1 replies · 3063 views
Greenville sc
ebonymc · 0 replies · 3969 views
Union,SC
Tracy6035 · 0 replies · 4304 views