August 5!

Shelly D.
on 7/4/03 9:00 am - Spartanburg, SC
Hi! My surgery is scheduled for August 5 at Spartanburg Regional. Anyone else?? I am so excited and looking forward to my new body. I would love to talk to anyone in my area...so email me, please!!!
Wanda M.
on 7/4/03 10:25 pm - Orangeburg, SC
Hi Shelly, Congrats! I am not exactly in your area, but in the state. I am scheduled for sugery 7/17. I am looking forward to it also. A little nervous, but excited. Best of health to you.
Rhonda V.
on 7/6/03 7:18 am
Hi Shelley, i also live in Spartanburg SC. I had my Roux-en-y on May 3 of last year. Dr Huffman in hendersonville did mine. He is an angel in my eyes and his nurse Renee is even more so. They are an unbelieveable team. I have lost 145 pounds. I had plastic surgery on March 3 of this year. And now 2 days ago on JULY 4th, I found out I am expecting my third child!!!!!!! I am very nervous and do not know what all of this entails, but we are very excited. (praying for a boy). Anyway, just wanted to give you some words of encouragement. I am so glad i had this surgery, it has totally changed my life in all aspects. i feel wonderful, can eat ANYTHING i want, and am actually having to eat ALOT more often just so i wont lose anymore weight. I weigh 130. If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me. I just found this site today so i look forward to visiting. Rhonda
Jennifer R.
on 7/11/03 8:27 am
Shelly just wanted to tell you congrats and thank you for telling me at the group to put up a new picture. I was sort of depressed about not just melting away into nothing so you made my day!! Thanks
vroommm
on 7/13/03 4:03 am - Campobello, SC
Shelly, Just found this area of Obesity Help. I live in Campobello, SC. not very far from you. I just got my surgery date of August 25. My general MD is Dr. Brown from Spartanburg Regional, but I didn't tell him about my interest in WLS because I thought he would poo-poo the idea and tell me to eat less and get active. So after much research - I found Dr. Champion in Ga. This last week I had to go in for blood work since they just put me on Liptor for cholesterol and Dr. Brown asked what it would take to get me to loose the weight. I answered a Roux-n-y. Surprised, he said "would you like me to set you up an appointment we do this surgery locally. OF ALL THINGS. He said one of his patients was one of the first ones that they did the surgery on. Oh well, I am set up already in Ga. so that is where I will be going. Just wanted to touch base with you. I am 54 years old, 5' 5" and 240 pounds. Any second thoughts? Will be thinking about you Robi
Dawn S.
on 7/20/03 1:01 am - Boiling Springs, SC
Hi Shelly! Congratulations on your surgery date. I live in Spartanburg as well. I am having my surgery in Columbia w/ DR Givens. Honestly I had no idea that I could have had it locally. It would have actully been easier on my family to get back an forth. Anyway! Congratulations and best of luck! You will do GREAT! Dawn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Charleston MUSC patients
MsRadar65 · 0 replies · 322 views
Overstitch Surgeon?
Pamela G. · 1 replies · 3065 views
Greenville sc
ebonymc · 0 replies · 3974 views
Union,SC
Tracy6035 · 0 replies · 4309 views