Medicaid Information

Gina G.
on 8/15/03 5:02 pm - Spartanburg, SC
Hello everyone, I am in desperate need of information about insurance coverage. I am near Spartanburg, SC and am about to go apply for Medicaid for adults because of our income. Can any of the members tell me if Medicaid will pay for any of the bariatric surgeries and where will they do them if so. Any help you can provide will be wonderful!!! Thank you in advance for any help.
michelle57
on 8/16/03 11:32 pm - Cedar Rapids, IA
(deactivated member)
on 8/20/03 1:29 am - Campobello, SC
medicaid pays for the surgery in majority of the cases 100% in south carolina aslong as u meet all requirements
Brandy Z.
on 8/24/03 10:17 pm
Hi, I live near Bennettsville SC, and the closest place to have surgery would be Florence. I too have Medicaid and I am not even sure if it would be covered in the state of South Carolina. I wish there was someone who has all the info. However I did call the Medicaid office to inquire about it, of course I havent heard back from them yet. What steps do I take in doing this?
Jennie M.
on 8/26/03 12:29 pm - Greenwood, SC
Hello everyone I can tell you medicaid will pay for the surgery 100%!! The only out of the pocket money will be for psychological evaluation. Dr. Rowitz in Anderson accepts the medicaid. My surgery is 9/16/03 and I have medicaid. I hope this will help! God Bless
Christi S.
on 8/28/03 4:07 am
Yes..Medicaid will pay for the surgery..I am on Medicaid and I am going threw all me pre testing now..Good Luck
Most Active
Recent Topics
Charleston MUSC patients
MsRadar65 · 0 replies · 317 views
Overstitch Surgeon?
Pamela G. · 1 replies · 3063 views
Greenville sc
ebonymc · 0 replies · 3969 views
Union,SC
Tracy6035 · 0 replies · 4304 views