NEED HELP SELECTING INSURANCE

Richanda M.
on 8/18/03 12:56 am - Loris, sc
IN JANUARY OF THIS YEAR, MY DOCTOR OK'D ME FOR THE SURGERY, I HAD MY CONSULTATION WITH DR. GARNER AND WAS ALL READY TO GO MENTALLY WHEN I FOUND OUT THE MY INSURANCE COMPANY WOULD HAVE APPROVED THE SURGERY BUT MY EMPLOYER HAS AN EXCLUSION IN THE POLICY AND THEY WOULD NOT MAKE ANY EXCEPTIONS. WELL NOW MY OFFICE IS CLOSING AND WE ARE ALL WITHOUT JOBS. THE EMPLOYER HAS OFFERED US COBRA BENEFITS, WHICH WILL COST APPROX. $300 A MONTH. I WOULD BE WILLING TO PAY IT BUT WHAT'S THE USE WHEN THE POLICY WILL NOT COVER MY SURGERY. I'VE FOUND A NEW JOB, BUT NO BENEFITS ARE OFFERED. SO I'M LOOKING FOR OTHER INSURANCE THAT WILL COST IN THE SAME BALLPARK FIGURE OF THE COBRA AND WILL ALLOW ME TO BE APPROVED FOR THE SURGERY. IS THERE ANYONE THAT CAN ASSIST ME WITH THIS AND SUGGEST SOME OTHER INSURANCE COMPANY. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.
Tammy W.
on 8/18/03 9:50 pm - Dallas, GA
I would suggest looking into Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina. I had this insurance through my employer and my RNY was covered at 100%. Good luck! ~Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 8/20/03 1:32 am - Campobello, SC
blue cross blue sheild of south carolina is a good choice but before u pay ask them if they cover it ( the surgery ) sometimes they cover it but u have to meet alot of requirements i have blue cross and they cover it if i go thru alot of red tape and doc visits 1st and have doc supervised diet . u may have to pay more and if your obese its really hard to obtain any health insurance if not covered thru work because ur a risk to them so i wish u the best of luck if u can find insurance it will cost u a fortune.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Charleston MUSC patients
MsRadar65 · 0 replies · 317 views
Overstitch Surgeon?
Pamela G. · 1 replies · 3063 views
Greenville sc
ebonymc · 0 replies · 3969 views
Union,SC
Tracy6035 · 0 replies · 4304 views