Needing help!

Mary B.
on 10/15/03 9:14 am - SC
Hi I am new to this site. I have a few questions to ask, has anyone use Tricare for their surgery? I only hope I can find help from people who have used this type of insurance. I need to know how do I go about this, who do I talk to, and how do I get the ball rolling.
carol_c_in_sc
on 10/20/03 1:07 am - Goose Creek, SC
Hi Mary, I sent you a private e-mail, but realize that I did not answer all your questions. The first thing you need to do is set up an appointment with your Primary doctor. They have to refer you to a surgeon to be evaluated. If the doctors agree that you are a good candidate they then handle the insurance from there. I found them very easy to deal with. Good Luck and hope this helps. Please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] Carol
Niecy67
on 10/22/03 7:23 am - beaufort, sc
HI, I had Tricare until my recent divorce. But in relation to your question, you will have to get a referral from your Primary Health Care Physician for the surgery. He/ She is the one who actually gets the ball rolling by giving you a referral for the surgery. Once the referral is approved by Tricare, they will tell you who they refer you to, most likly you will be referred to MUSC to Dr Byrnes. He is awesome. You will ahave to attend a seminar about the surgery, and then they will schedule you to see Dr. Byrnes, and his staff. They will access you then. That's going a bit further down the line, but the beginning is for you to see your military PCM and get the referral. Denise Fullmore
Most Active
Recent Topics
Charleston MUSC patients
MsRadar65 · 0 replies · 317 views
Overstitch Surgeon?
Pamela G. · 1 replies · 3063 views
Greenville sc
ebonymc · 0 replies · 3969 views
Union,SC
Tracy6035 · 0 replies · 4304 views