Thanks to all of you.........I'm APPROVED!!!!!!

kelly m.
on 4/23/07 8:55 pm - sioux falls, SD
I would like to thank all of you and this web site for the tons of information. It made me realize that this is a true lifestyle change and a great tool for being healthy. It helped me get my appointments and paperwork in order for my insurance company and after 10 days I got approved.......THANK YOU ALL.... I have Wellmark BCBS of SD... I'm so excited and overjoyed.... I can't wait to be on the loser's side for once... My surgery date is May 8th at Sioux Valley... If anyone has questions don't be afraid to drop me a line.... Yeah me............
Nana-712
on 4/27/07 4:02 am
I went to see Dr Frederick Harris. Since you are from Sioux Falls, I was wondering if you had heard anything about him? Any information would be helpful.
kelly m.
on 4/27/07 10:11 am - sioux falls, SD
Nancy, I read in your profile that you want to have the lap band but Dr.harris doesn't approve it. What is your BMI?? I know that Dr.Graham (my surgeon), is partenered with Dr.O'brien at sioux valley does lap band. In fact, that is all that Dr.O'brien does is lap band. I met with Dr.O'brien back in january and he knows his stuff. I choose not to have the lap band done. Dr.Harris is at avera and has bypass surgery himself, but I feel that sioux valley staff get all the paperwork you need, they answer and questions, you can call for anything, and are very positive people to have on yourside... Hope this helps a little bit... Any more questions??? kelly ann
Nana-712
on 4/28/07 12:01 pm
HI! Thanks for answering. My BMI is 44.5. I am just in the beginnig to look into all this. I have thought about it for years but have never gone this far. I went to a seminar of Dr. Harris's earlier this month. I really liked him and got a lot out of the seminar. He also does not like to do WLS with the Lap technique. He prefers the open because then he can look around while you are open. He found lung cancer in a 35 year old patient during her surgury. They were able to remove the cancer while she was still under. I am 51 and really need to get moving on this. Just not sure what way to go. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield. Actually I have two policy's. Mine and my husbands. I have talked with them and should have no trouble getting this covered. Sioux Valley is the hospital my insurance prefers but I don't want to do another seminar. I am 3 hours from Sioux Falls and don't want to take another day off work so I can attend one. I liked Dr. Harris but know nothing about him. Just thought maybe there was a reason you did not go to him. Thanks for the information. Nancy
CyndiU
on 5/7/07 11:19 am - Hartford, SD
Nancy, Sanford Hospital (Sioux Valley) has an informational meeting every third Monday at 6:30 and then a support meeting at 7:00. PLEASE come and check it out. My surgeon is Dr. Graham. I chose to go with him, after initially wanting the lapband. After lots of research, I found this to be a better choice for me - and Dr. Graham to be my best choice. Do the research, make an informed choice - but you are right...the months you lose, could be losing months. I am 10 months out and about 145 lbs lighter. Good luck...if you want to visit more, PM me and I can give you my cell number.
Nana-712
on 5/8/07 12:16 am
Good morning! Thank you for the information. I have an appointment with Dr. Harris Thursday afternoon. I think I will keep that appointment and see how it goes. If I have any doubts, I will definately attend the seminar at Sioux Valley and check Dr. Graham out. I am also rethinking the lap band. The more I research it, the more I feel it is not going to be a good choice for me. Congratulations on your weight loss!!! I can't wait to get started. Thank you for writing. I need all the help I can get. This has been a huge struggle for me! Nancy
Ka-Hill
on 5/1/07 11:35 am - Tornoto, SD
YIPPIE!!!! Way to go -----glad to hear that you got approved. I'm still waiting..The insurance bcbs needed more information. Sure hope that they are satisfied so I move forward...Seems to be pretty stressful...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Bariatric Event!
monymony · 0 replies · 6150 views
LGBT forum invitation
seanbear66rn · 0 replies · 6085 views
Hello all
stephp77 · 0 replies · 5993 views