Today's the Day!!

martian77
on 7/2/07 1:07 am - Howard, SD
Well, it's only my consult but I am soooo nervous. I've been an emotional roller coaster about this decision, and then reading my husband's support letter, , I'm a mess!!! I am going to the appt. alone, I live 75 miles from Sioux Falls, and my appt. is not until 3:30, so a whole day of being a basket case!!! Sorry, I'm just venting, I see this South Dakota forum is pretty darn slow anyway! Emily
RAD
on 7/2/07 1:17 am
good luck today Ruth Ann

Ruth Ann 

treiser
on 7/2/07 9:01 am - Pierre, SD
I know it's probably post-consult, but I'm hoping all went great! Please post how it went after you return home, I have my consultation on 7/18 and I know I will be nervous as well.  Tanya

CyndiU
on 7/3/07 11:56 am - Hartford, SD
How did it go!  I wish I knew you were going to be in town, I would have met you.  Please call if you need someone to talk to (360-7833) the next time you are in town.  Let us know how it went.
martian77
on 7/4/07 3:15 am - Howard, SD
Well, it went pretty good. It was a short appt.! Of course the insurance lady and the nutritionist were both on vacation. I met with the Dr. but I didn't have a lot of questions that weren't answered at the seminar or on here! He said I'm a good candidate for the lapband, which is what I wanted. He sent a letter to my insurance, now I sit and wait.........I did call and set up and appt. for a psych eval, but is that only if your insurance needs it?? Dr. Obrien didn't seem to have that as a requirement. I'm going to call BCBS and see if they require it. It is a 2 hour appt!!! Good grief, you're bound to break down mentally in 2 hours of talking about all your failures in your past diets! Well, anyway, that is where I'm at with the process. I did ask if he thought I could get approved and have surgery before school starts, he said it would be pushing it, but he'd really try. I teach K-5 special ed.
CyndiU
on 7/4/07 7:12 am - Hartford, SD
I had Dr. Graham.  My first consult was in April and my surgery was June 8.  School starts Aug 15 in Sioux Falls so I'm sure it would be very hard.  If you don't mind me asking, "How much do you have to lose?"  I seriously looked at the lap, but am now so glad I went GNY.  It really depends on how much you have to lose, and how good your will power is.  Mine is not good at all. 
Maghan M.
on 7/5/07 10:34 am
Hi!  My name is Maghan and I had an open RNY on December 5th 2006.  To date I have lost 100 lbs and today is my 7 month post op mark.  I would like to wish you well on your journey and if you ever need any help I would love to be of assistance!
DaniR
on 7/7/07 12:06 pm - Sioux Falls, SD
Hi Emily! I am a patient of Dr O's too and was banded Oct '06.  Best decision I ever made and am down 60 pounds now!  If you have any questions, a few of us from Sioux Falls started our own lapband board that is a very friendly and positive place FULL OF SUPPORT!  You are welcome to join us!   ~Dani  http://z7.invisionfree.com/Band_Buds/index.php?act=idx
  Dani

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/07 3:33 pm
HI!  I had Obrien too, and I had Lap Band in Dec 06.  I also have BC/BS...and the psych eval was required by my insurance...it is basically a 500 question true/false test, totally no biggie, then you sit and go over the results with the Psychatrist...then she will send off a letter to your Insurance..Obrien is really good at getting his letters to the Insurance out in a timely fashion too!  I think my approval took 4-5 weeks... Hang in there!  You will do great!  All the hoops you go thru in the beginning is kind of a pain, but it is sooooo worth it in the end! Join us at Band Buds if you would like, there are a bunch of SDakotans there!!
martian77
on 7/8/07 4:53 am - Howard, SD
Thanks everyone for the wonderful welcome! I will post updates as thinks happen or don't happen or questions arise. I signed up for the band buds message board, I'll visit soon!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Bariatric Event!
monymony · 0 replies · 6154 views
LGBT forum invitation
seanbear66rn · 0 replies · 6089 views
Hello all
stephp77 · 0 replies · 5999 views