Plastic Surgery Jan. 11th

Maghan M.
on 1/27/08 7:26 am
Okay everybody.  I had my TT/Hernia repair on January 11th.  Just want to warn you all that PS is much different than the WLS.  This has been an emotional rollercoaster compared to my bypass.  It has been very hard to recover from this one also. Anyway, I just wanted to share with you all that I did post pictures if you would like to take a look.  They are a little graphic, however I still wanted to share them for some odd reason...who knows.  It is a part of my life that I will always remember. I hope you all are doing well! Maghan
Ka-Hill
on 3/23/08 12:29 am - Tornoto, SD
You look good after your PS. I have a ? Did your insurance help you? I'm stuffing skin and some of my fat stomach in but have this muffin affect going on. Trying the exercise but may have age working the wrong way for me. I mean lack of elasticity in my skin. Any ideas on how to shrink this other than PS? Also who did your PS? Any help would and will be appreciated...
mkieffer
on 3/27/08 1:03 pm - Rapid City, SD
I am scheduled for my first round of plastics on May 28th.  I am starting with an arm lift and breast lift with implants, then if all goes good, I will be doing a tummy tuck and thigh lift later this year.  Insurance unually does not pay and to even get them to look at you, you have to have years of documented skin issues (rashes, ect) photographs of these and documented doctors visits to be treated for these issues.  I wish they could just figure it out that after these drastic weight losses, we will still have issues.  I will be going to Dr Carver (insert chuckle here, I love to think of a plastic surgeon named Carver) I was considering going out of state, but after checking in to him, it would cost more to travel and stay in hotels than what he charges.  He also has been around a while and really knows what he is doing. Good luck with your quest.
 Maryann 
I will go through the valley if YOU want me to

HW SW   CW   GW
280/272/163/150 
Brachioplasty and Breast lift with augmentation May 28, 2008
Tummy Tuck January 26, 2009

Maghan M.
on 3/30/08 6:38 am
How excited are you!  I am excited for you.  I hope it all goes well.  Dr. Carver is a wonderful man and I am sure he will do a great job!

mkieffer
on 4/2/08 5:22 am - Rapid City, SD
Thank you.  Ok, since you work in OR, have you worked with him before?  Have you seen his work?  I am having a hard time telling myself it will be alright having it done here.  I keep thinking I should go out of state (was looking at Florida) to do this, there are better surgeons, prices are better, etc... but then I also keep reminding myself that I have to trust the surgeons we have right here in Rapid City.  I don't know why I am struggling so much with this.  It does make me feel better knowing people who have worked with some of these people and know their reputations.  I have a friend who worked as a surgical tech for many years and I am use to asking her which surgeons she would recommend, but I have not talked to her yet, so this also is making me a little more nerveous.  So, PLEASE let me know of anything (good and bad) that you know about Dr Carver.  Even if you have to ask Dr Sufficool.   Thanks, Maryann
 Maryann 

HW SW   CW   GW
280/272/163/150 

Maghan M.
on 4/3/08 7:58 am
I think he does a nice job.  I have not seen his work post op and I have not done anything with him on a post bypass patient.  The ones I have done with him have been extremely large.  Both he and Schutz do a good job.  Maybe call his office and see if they could give you some patients of his to talk to and see his post op work.!

Maghan M.
on 4/4/08 12:37 am
Okay so I worked with Dr. Schutz last night and his assistant, Mary, and I were talking about weight loss and plastics.  She herself has lost a ton of weight and has had a lot of PS.  I think you should go and talk with him.  The consult is free.  They will show you all of their before and afters.  She showed me her LBL and breasts and looks amazing.  She has offered to come and talk at the support group if we would like her to also.  I was very impressed by how she looks!

mkieffer
on 4/4/08 8:34 am - Rapid City, SD
I would love to have them come and talk to us at the WLS group.  That would be awesome.  I think I will give them a call and see when they can get me in.  Thanks for the info.
 Maryann 

HW SW   CW   GW
280/272/163/150 

Maghan M.
on 3/30/08 6:37 am
Thank you very much!  Everything was submitted to insurance, however I have not yet received a bill so I do not know what they have covered and what they have not.  Dr. Sufficool did both my hernia and tummy tuck.  He is not a plastic surgeon, however I felt most comfortable having him do it.  There is nobody else I would rather go to!  As far as anything else working, you could probably try exercise, however I don't think it will shrink it all.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Bariatric Event!
monymony · 0 replies · 6154 views
LGBT forum invitation
seanbear66rn · 0 replies · 6089 views
Hello all
stephp77 · 0 replies · 5999 views