Excited, Scared & Impatient!

countrycarroll
on 2/21/08 7:36 am - Harrold, SD
Hi, I am very new to this site... still learning how to manuever around here.. but I have made an appt. with Dr. Peter Obrien on March 12th for a consultation.  I pretty much made up my mind Lap Band surgery is for me... but I have to ask... Did any of you have this enormous fear of what you possibly "wouldn't" be able to eat???  I know that sound incredibly stupid but it does scare me!!   I've tried absolutely every other diet plan out there I think and I just DONT want to fail again esp. since my insurance will not cover any of this.. I also wondered if any of you came up against people who were very discouraging of you actually having surgery and how did you handle those people??   Thank you in advance... Connie
mkieffer
on 2/24/08 10:34 am - Rapid City, SD
Hello!  I think all of us were scared at one point or another.  I did worry about what I would not be able to eat, and I still feel a little jealous when I see people eating things that I really want, most of the time however if my husband is eating something that I use to love, and after not having it for so long, I find it doesn't taste like I remember it tasting and it doesn't bother me to not have it again.  If that makes any sense.  Anyways, welcome and we will save a spot for you on the loser's bench. Maryann
 Maryann 
I will go through the valley if YOU want me to

HW SW   CW   GW
280/272/163/150 
Brachioplasty and Breast lift with augmentation May 28, 2008
Tummy Tuck January 26, 2009

searchingforserenity
on 3/4/08 9:22 am
It is almost as if I wrote this post myself Connie!!! I had my first (second) meeting with Dr. O this last Monday...it went great...right up until they handed me the 1200 calorie diet and said start this tomorrow. I am thinking....From what I must take in now, to this???? YOU ARE TRYING TO KILL ME!!!! Then, I am going through the emotions of wanting to quickly eat EVERYTHING that I feel like I will never be able to have again....BUT, I am trying and starting to remind myself that those are the very things that PUT ME WHERE I AM!! THEY ARE EVIL!!!!!!!! So, Yes, I TOTALLY get it...and yes, have been scared. I too have had people on both sides of the fence for me. The trick is to line up the supporters and those are your core groupies...and then lean on this board for the rest. We can all get eachother through it, right???? Keep me posted on your first meeting. I think you will really like Dr. O, but his appointments are FAST. He is straight and to the point. Have any questions you have written out and ready to rock and roll when you get there. Good Luck!
countrycarroll
on 4/23/08 2:44 am - Harrold, SD
HI, I'm so sorry I didn't get back to you regarding your post.. I found a more local site (several of Dr O's patients) that I really really like called Band Buds for life.. I had my surgery on Mar 20th.. and I"m doing great.. feeling good and losing some weight..  If you respond to this email.. email me at my regular email addy.. [email protected] Because I'm never on here...and I will give you that band buds site..K? Hugs, Connie
CyndiU
on 3/8/08 5:48 am - Hartford, SD

Hi Connie, Yes, all of those thoughts plagued me.  I went with Dr. Graham and about 20 months ago I had an RNY.  Unfortunately, I've found myself eating some of those foods you are bemoaning right now.  It is not a good thing.  I was careful who I told about th surgery beforehand, mainly for the reason you've experienced.  It is important to surround yourself with people who support you and understand your frustrating dieting yo-yo.   It is not the end of your food life - but hopefully, it will teach you the right way to eat.  I've lost about 160+ pounds; but more importantly, I've gained insight into myself and my eating habits.  Although I've slipped a bit, I am able to get back on track - and keep myself there.   This journey is well worth all of what you may be going through.  Good luck, I'm praying for you.  My thoughts will be with you on the 12th.   Cyndi

Sandy Hanson
on 3/14/08 2:18 pm - Pierre, SD
Hey girl,I did not know you where from Harold,I live in pierre I am also on bandbuds.Would you like to get together some time,not many in our are with this surgery.My personal e-mail is [email protected] or call me 6052240022 I would love to meet you!Sandy Hanson
Most Active
Recent Topics
Bariatric Event!
monymony · 0 replies · 6154 views
LGBT forum invitation
seanbear66rn · 0 replies · 6089 views
Hello all
stephp77 · 0 replies · 5999 views