:( Now what?!

JenE
on 3/25/08 4:01 am - Sioux Falls, SD

I just found out that the surgeon I wanted, Dr. O'Brien, doesn't perform the DS.  :(  I'm stuck now, as I have NO idea who does.  Apparently, no one in his office performs that surgery, and I can't find any information anywhere else that would give me somewhere to start!

I have Dakotacare PPO for insurance, and their website's database is... less than helpful.  All they give me is the directory of names.  No details, no information on the doctors, and I have to know the name before I can even do a search!  Grrrrrr

Has anyone in the Sioux Falls area had the DS surgery?  Who was your surgeon?  I'm trying to keep from letting this get me down, but it's a little difficult.

"I'm a god. A small, fuzzy god." -- Queezy, my most beloved D&D Character.

mkieffer
on 3/27/08 1:05 pm - Rapid City, SD
Sorry to hear about your road block.  I unfortunately don't have an answer for you since I have only heard of surgeons in south dakota who does rny and lapbanding.   I sure hope you get something figured out.  Good luck.
 Maryann 
I will go through the valley if YOU want me to

HW SW   CW   GW
280/272/163/150 
Brachioplasty and Breast lift with augmentation May 28, 2008
Tummy Tuck January 26, 2009

Maghan M.
on 3/30/08 6:39 am
Okay. So here is my question.  Why the DS?  It is completely up to you, but it seems to me that most surgeons are doing the RNY or the Banding.  Have you checked into these?  They are both wonderful surgeries and have great results.

JenE
on 3/30/08 9:59 am - Sioux Falls, SD
I actually have looked at both the RNY and banding.  I don't have a problem with either surgery type, but after the three years of research I've done, the DS really is the best surgery for my position.  I know the RNY works well for many people (how can I be on this site and NOT see the results??) and the banding does too, I just don't feel they would be the best choice for me, personally. :)

"I'm a god. A small, fuzzy god." -- Queezy, my most beloved D&D Character.

Maghan M.
on 3/30/08 10:43 am
I understand you want what is best for you. I do not know of any dr.s in SD performing this.  Will insurance cover you to go outside of the state?

julie_e
on 4/11/08 3:04 pm - IA
Jen, I originally wanted the DS too. I did a lot of research and thought it would be best for me - In my opinion the method just makes sense and I'm not sure why it hasn't caught on except that it takes longer for the doctor to perform. I have a friend who had it and has had wonderful results. When I was searching for a doctor the nearest I found was in Omaha, NE but my insurance company doesn't cover me out of network. (My friend took a really big risk and went to South America - she was lucky - I definitely wouldn't recommend leaving the country for this surgery!!) I am going to get banding in a month.  Julie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Bariatric Event!
monymony · 0 replies · 6154 views
LGBT forum invitation
seanbear66rn · 0 replies · 6089 views
Hello all
stephp77 · 0 replies · 5999 views