WLS in Saskatchewan

Preeti
on 7/18/06 5:09 am - Regina, Canada
I am considering this surgery for myself. What are the steps to do this?
mct1968
on 8/6/06 3:05 pm - Regina, Canada
Hi there; Marcy from Regina. I too am trying to have the surgery done, but unfortunately I have to loose 15lbs before i can be concidered my bmi is too high. I noticed you had put Dr. C in saskatoon. From what I understood he is no longer taking patients. He is retiring due to some health issues of his own. There apparently is a couple of docs there training now to take over this area. I know this cause a friend of mine had his surgery done at his office last january. I also noticed your insurer is GWL - they from what i understand do no approve any wls at all. I too am with GWL. But i dont think us saskatchewanians have to worry about the insurer. Its finding a doctor we need to worry about, and their policies. As our doctors have more of a strict policy on this surgery. AS in my case. I found a doctor but he only will operate on certain people. If your a woman your bmi has to be below 55 where as if you were in the united states they operate on ppl over bmi of 60. doctors alot tougher here. About our sask health - they will pay for the surgery, but now that doc c in saskatoon has retired our only option now is to go out of province for the surgery. Which sask health will pay for but will not cover your transportation or accomidations. There is a doctor in Medicine hat alberta - if i am correct, ive been referred to him/her carol nohr is the docs name, but because my bmi was too high i was denied and have to loose weight now to be accepted. But sask health will pay for this. If anyone *****ads this needs more info, dont hesitate to contact me @ [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected]. Thanks Marcy
Most Active