Where is everyone?

frogger275
on 7/10/07 3:43 am - Annaheim, Canada
Hi Saskatchewan! Where did everyone go? There has been no activity on this message board for a few weeks. I understand that some people go on holidays but those of us who are forced to work for financial reasons are still here and would really like to keep in touch. I will be going down to Mexico in November and am really nervous. I am hearing conflicting information and I can't wait to get it over with so that my fears can be calmed. Anyone else feeling a little insecure? I have been heavy all my life and this really scares me!! What if I change? What if I become a different person not hiding behind her fat? Anyone else feel the same way? Or am I just being stupid? I think what I really need is some assurance that this is the right decision and that everything is going to be ok. Hope to talk to someone soon!!
punkybett
on 7/10/07 7:10 am - Calgary, Canada
Hi Elaine, I'm from the Alberta board and have been feeling the same way, it's so quiet!! I had my lapband surgery in Tijuana with Dr Kuri on June 29, and the experience was great. I'm sure I'd never have been able to have it done here so I'm very happy I had this option. I'm still on the full fluids for a few more days, then on to pureed foods - MMMMMM!! It's been pretty easy so far to stay on program since I really don't want to screw this up. I don't think your question is stupid, being heavy affects us in many ways, and also affects how we are perceived by others, but you are who you are and I don't think that will change. If you have any questions about the Mexico experience, feel free to ask. Take care Betty
PennyV
on 7/10/07 8:35 am - Canada
Hi Elaine & Betty Yes it has been quiet I have been talking to others in other provinces. Elaine I too am going to Dr. Kuri and am looking forward to it. I have been heavy all of my life and am having a hard time trying to picture myself differently, like not changing 10 times before going out or even being able to bend down & tie my shoes. These are things people take for granted. I have only heard good things about Dr. Kuri & his clinic. I'm glad to hear you are doing so well Betty. I am off on Vacation starting tomorrow but will check how everyone is doing when I get back. Penny
punkybett
on 7/11/07 2:29 am - Calgary, Canada
Hi Penny and Elaine, I guess we'll learn as we go along how to do things more easily, because almost everything is harder when you're fat. I just got so tired of it. I got on the scale this morning for the first time and am down 9.5 pounds since my surgery 12 days ago. I'm pleased with that! I only have a few more days of full fluids and I am ready to try something different. The Atkins shakes are pretty good and very locarb compared with a lot of the shakes available in Canada. Have a great vacation Penny, talk to you when you get back. Betty
Most Active