Bariatric Surgery Assessment Clinic in Regina

Joel Sopp
on 6/25/08 4:22 pm - Redvers, Canada
Day 2 in the books. Met with a Physiotherapist (tested my mobility), Excercise Therapist (tested how far I could walk in 6 minutes around a track), Psychologist(tested me on what sort of support system I have at home, and any underlying issues), and a Dietician(tested my knowledge on certain types of food and helped me modify my diet). These 4 Disciplines that I think provided a well-rounded approach. After talking with Dr. Kaban, I did find out if they can not safely perform the Roux-en-Y laproscopicly, they would have to do a traditional incision. It's good to know it could go either way. Dr. Kaban says the mortality rate is 2% on average, and 14% for post-op complications. You can avoid being one of these statistics by following the surgeon and the multi-disciplinary team during follow up. Whew. After your second day, the team sits down together to compile their findings, then submits a report and the 6 month program begins. Found out my results tomorrow...Talk to you all soon... Joel Sopp Saskatchewan Bariatric Surgery Support Group President
wannabhealthy45
on 6/25/08 10:56 pm - Canada
Hi Joel, Wow, that is exciting!! Sounds exhausting but exciting..lol. Good for you. I'm very interested in hearing how everything turned out!! Talk soon, Marg
Most Active