SBSSG September Support Group Meeting Sept. 6th

Joel Sopp
on 8/25/08 2:23 pm - Redvers, Canada
NEED HELP ? ? ?

SEPTEMBER SUPPORT GROUP MEETING

Date: September 6th, 2008

Time: 1:00pm - 3:00pm

Room: Ask the Front Desk

Event Details: Meet at Regina Holiday Inn at 1800 Prince of Wales Drive.

Speaker: Speaker : Dr. Richard Hatfield of "One Body, One Life"
(
www.drhatfieldcentres.com) has confirmed he is speaking at the
Support Group Meeting. He offers a non-surgical option for sustained
and consistent weight loss.

Please let all your friends or support people to know to attend.

www.sbssg.ca

Until Next Time I Remain,  
Joel Sopp

President
Saskatchewan Bariatric Support Group, Inc. (SBSG)
Direct: (306) 531-2751
Email: [email protected]
JulesB124
on 8/30/08 9:53 am - Regina, SK, Canada
Hi there, is this group open to anyone?  I am desperate to find other people who have had bariatric surgery, or who are having it soon, im very nervous about the whole experince.  Dr. Kaban has given me a surgery date of oct 6th, I CAN'T WAIT.  BUT i have so many questions I want to ask other people, like how fast does the weight come off, what can I do to ensure I dont get left with rolls of skin after the weight loos, are there any good exercises that will help.  If there is anyone out that that woul dhave time to chat to me about this, i'd love to hear from you.  My heaviest was 312lbs, and I have got down to 274lbs, but its been a very hard slog.  I cant wait for the day I go under the 200lb mark!!!!!

Jules
wannabhealthy45
on 9/5/08 4:56 am - Canada
wannabhealthy45
on 9/5/08 4:57 am - Canada
Hi Jules,

Yes the meeting is open to everyone.  Please come, you will be welcomed with open arms.  I have not had surgery with Dr. Kaban but I do know there are a few of us who have had different surgeries in different places and I'm sure folks would be willing to help with your questions if they have the answers and if not maybe able to direct you to some answers.  I'm still new as a post op patient.  I had my surgery on July 13th of this year and I guess everyone's weigh comes off differently....also depending on the type of surgery you have.

Anyway, please come to the meeting..the more the merrier :)...oh and a huge CONGRATS on your weight loss so far, you are doing awesome!!!!!!

Band 7/13/08-419.5 lbs  VSG 9/3/09-346 lbs  DS 3/7/11 - 315 lbs   CW: 197

Joel Sopp
on 9/6/08 4:35 pm - Redvers, Canada
Hi Jules.

The SBSSG Meetings are always open to Members and Non-Members alike. EVERYONE IS WELCOME! I myself am waiting to hear those words for Dr. Kaban as I am in the 6 month program. Please keep your eyes open for confirmation of our October Meeting. We'd love to have you!

Joel
JulesB124
on 9/12/08 1:35 pm - Regina, SK, Canada

Thanks for the reply, I am looking forward to making it to one soon. 

Jules

Most Active