Just joined

Rivertaz68
on 5/21/12 4:51 pm - TN
DS on 08/07/12
Hey everone just got signed in and was looking around and I have seen lots of good people here. I have been trying to have WLS for the last 2 years and have just been approved by insurance this month. I have been to Centennial to the meetings and now I have to meet with a surgeon and after reading all of the reviews I was thinking of Dr. Houston and now I know he is the right one, I will have my first visit with him on June 5, 2012. So if anyone wants to chat I would love to be friends I need all the support I can get.. Thanks Denny
nurse55
on 5/21/12 6:23 pm
DS on 09/11/12
Hello, a year ago I started with Vandy and now am in the process of changing to Centennial and Dr. Houston is also my choice. I am thinking DS as my surgery of choice, but I am sure Dr. Houston will help make the choice.  I have not attended the meeting at Centennial but did at Vanderbilt.  I have received my packet and have my letter from my PCP, have had labs and just did my sleep study. These were required at Vanderbilt but I understand they are not at Centennial.  Very excited and looking forward to meeting with the surgeon. Sending you a friend request. Welcome to Obesity Help...I was told about this site at Vanderbilt and it has given me many of the answers I was searching for.

By the way I live in middle Tennessee.  Hope to chat with you again soon. Please keep me informed of your progress.  Best of luck!!!!

Rivertaz68
on 5/22/12 9:26 am - TN
DS on 08/07/12
 Hello, I know you will like Centennial. Back in 2010 I was looking at Baptist but the insurance I had wouldn't approve the surgery, so it was put on hold for a while was looking for new insurance and this Jan 1 2012 my work place chanced from BC/BS to UnitedHealthCare and it has taken me til now to get apporved. I found Centennial on web search and I really like the staff there so far. they really helped me with my insurance. I haven't talked to Dr Houston yet but have read lot here about him and the other Dr, there as well. Ok then thank for friend reguest and Best of Luck to you also.
Rivertaz68
on 7/14/12 9:26 am - TN
DS on 08/07/12
Hi just and update  let you know my DS is set for August 7 and I have my pre-op on July 16th, hope you are doing good and everything is going well with you..
rhearob
on 5/23/12 6:40 am - TN
 Welcome!

I am also a centennial patient.  I was sleeved by Dr. Houston on 11/2.  I couldn't say enough good things about the man.

The entire staff there is incredible!  The support groups are absolutely the best.  I was truly blessed to find them.

I've written about some of my experiences on my blog.  Check it out.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask.  

Congratulations and best of luck to you!  You're in great hands.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

balw83
on 5/27/12 2:36 pm - TN
i HAVE WENT TO DR HOUSTON FOR MY REVISION , FROM BAND TO GASTRIC BYPASS. MY SURGERY IS MAY 30, REALLY LIKE DR HOUSTON, AND LOVE THE SUPPORT GROUPS.
Rivertaz68
on 5/28/12 5:21 am - TN
DS on 08/07/12
 HEY BALW83 THANKS FOR THE MESSAGE AND BEST OF LUCK TO YOU. I REALLY LIKE THE SUPPORT GROUPS ALSO. 
preachermomma37
on 7/11/12 6:54 am - TN
I had my DS on May 15, 2012. I am 55 days post-op and lost 52 pounds. I love the staff and Dr. Houston. He is good at what he does. I chose the DS for the success rates and for what I needed. I don't think enough people know about this option. It has been the best decision I have made. Best of luck. Maybe I will meet some of you at the support groups. Charles who leads on Thursday noon is fabulous.
Rivertaz68
on 7/11/12 8:08 am - TN
DS on 08/07/12
 Hi there great job on 52 pounds loss. I  will have DS done on August 7th. I am looking foward for my new live to start. I hope to meet you in support groups. Good luck and keep up the great work..

Most Active
Recent Topics