OT; Way OT and morbid

(deactivated member)
on 5/1/09 1:11 am, edited 5/1/09 1:13 am - DFW area, TX
Lynne R.
on 4/30/09 10:53 pm - Houston, TX
If cremation is an option, they need to ask for "direct cremation" - why pay for embalming and a casket if you will be cremated? Even then you end up paying for a temporary casket but it's a lot less expensive than purchasing an expensive box to burn.

I have instructed my children that they should go with this route when my time comes.

Lynne

cajungirl
on 4/30/09 11:30 pm
Cremation seems to be the only logical option.  If the family doesn't have money to make the soon to be deceased's wishes come true, then this should have been thought about way before now.  Funerals are expensive no doubt about it.  I've already told my family that I want to be cremated, I cannot fathom spending $7,000 + on a funeral and burial.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

(deactivated member)
on 5/1/09 1:15 am - DFW area, TX
Batwingsman
on 5/1/09 1:43 am - Garland, TX
Usually the body is delivered to a funeral home, Georgie, and they check with the survivng family to see if anyone can and will pay, or whether the deceased had life insurance benefits (they will defer payment and collect it out of that, usually) ...   

If no funds are available for a funeral, it is my understanding that the deceased is cremated and buried at county expense.   A VERY minimal thing.    

If the deceased was receiving Social Security benefits at the time of death, they MAY qualify for the "S.S. death benefit", which presently is like $225.00 (whoopie-doo     we really NEED to increase that amount!) ...   I assume that payment will go to the funeral home for the cremation and the county covers the rest of the cost, then.  

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 55 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 130 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 438 views