2 weeks until the big day!! Suggestions NEEDED!

Stacey0326
on 5/4/09 8:10 am - DFW Area, TX

I woke up this morning with a HUGE realization!! SURGERY is in 2 WEEKS!! I can not believe that it is finally here!! SO I have a couple of questions for everyone here:

1. Any suggestions for the hospital?? Like what to bring? When I've been lurking I've seen, gown, robe, chapstick, toothbrush and paste... my cpap machine... anything else that you guys didn't have and wish you did? 

2. I have to go shopping for all my pre-op and post op liquid diet supplies... besides protein, sugar free jello & popsicles, and broth, can anyone suggest anything else that I might be able to eat/drink on this all CLEAR liquid diet?? My diet pre-op is not restricted to clear liquids, but if I have to do it the week after, then might as well try for the week before also!!

I also already have all my vits ready to go in my daily pill container... gosh, I'm trying to stay as prepared as possible, but I know for sure I will forget something!!! 

2 weeks... I really just can not believe it. I didn't realize it was so soon. Even went to the store and me and roomie spent $80 EACH on food for the next 2-3 weeks... that wasn't very smart, but until I actually LOOKED at my calendar, I didn't realize it was that soon. I am SO BLESSED and HAPPY!!! 

(deactivated member)
on 5/4/09 8:41 am
I didn't bring much with me to the hospital and didn't miss a thing. 

Don't invest a lot of money on protein drinks until your post-op. Your tastes are likely to change.....at least temporarily, and if you buy a whole load of any one kind, you might very well wish you hadn't.

No matter how much you have prepared, don't feel bad if you feel lost during the first few days after you get home and don't feel too dumb to reach out for support.  It's very important to be in close contact with people who have been through what you're going through.

Best of luck to you and great big hugs!!

Barbara
Stacey0326
on 5/4/09 8:50 am - DFW Area, TX
Thanks Barnara!!

I have only gotten unflavored protein because I know that it will change. I have sampled some others and know what I like NOW, but I know it will change as you and many others have told me. I hope the unflavored will do fine until I can really start trying things! Really just wanted something I knew would get the job done. Mixing it with just plain water now, I can't even taste it, so hopefully I'll be all good!! 

Thanks for the feedback!! I'm sure I will be on here everyday asking questions!! LOL!! I love everyone here!!! 

Stacey

carvanz
on 5/6/09 11:58 pm - Mart, TX
What kind of unflavored protein mix did you get?
Stacey0326
on 5/7/09 7:12 am - DFW Area, TX
i got Unjury protein. It seemed to be a fav here on the site, so I figured I'd give it a go!!! 

cajungirl
on 5/4/09 8:51 am
Stacey, wow it's almost here after all you've been through getting here it is FINALLY going to happen, congratulations.

Just a couple of things I can think of right now that you may want to have:

1)  A Pillow for the ride home (and the chap stick and pillow IMO where the most useful things), along with your toothbrush, paste, deodorant, etc.

As for food/supplies for the liquids only:  Crystal Light (if you are like me it will need to be diluted tremendously because it taste so sweet full strength), decaf coffee and/or tea (if you are a coffee drinker).

A couple of other things I can think of right now is to take your pictures (front, back, side - full length) and your measurements.  Something really neat is if you take your pictures say in front of a door or fence slats (look at my profile) it was really cool to see my shoulders and body shrink as I counted those fence slats, lol.

Good luck sweetie, we'll be saving your seat!

Hugs,

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

(deactivated member)
on 5/4/09 8:56 am, edited 5/4/09 8:56 am
AND take your measurements......(stomping my foot)  I didn't do that and I really wish I had.
Stacey0326
on 5/4/09 2:24 pm - DFW Area, TX
THANKS!! :)

Stacey0326
on 5/4/09 2:22 pm - DFW Area, TX
thanks for the tips girl!! 

I know, after everything, it is finally here!! I just can not wait!! 

WWWHHHOOO!!!! 

I will be sure to do measurements.. I'm not sure really how to do them, but I'm sure I can figure it out... have totally avoided that all my life!!! I will also have my mom or my roomate take my pics!! I'm will be so excited to show everyone!! :) 

Hugs to you too!! so good to hear from ya!! 

Karla Lewis
on 5/4/09 10:36 am - Livingston, TX
Sounds like you have a good handle on things.  The chapstick was the best advice.  I used mine a lot.  Do take your measurements.  I took pictures, but didn't measure and sure wished I would have.  Once you have the surgery it's too late!

Congratulations on having your surgery soon.  We'll be waiting on the loser's bench for you.

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 43 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 117 views