Depression...

abejita
on 5/5/09 2:23 pm - dallas, TX
Did any of you experience an increase in depression before your surgery?  I had my depression under control due to wellbutrin and regular exercise.  I kind of hit rock bottom, weight wise (or I guess what I could tolerate).  That is when I started researching wls and had my consult with the surgeon.  Right now, I am waiting on insurance approval.  I have been in such a funk the last couple of weeks, I hardly leave my house.  I feel like I am on hold waiting for the insurance.  I haven't been exercising which has greatly contributed to the increase in my depression.  I feel like I have fallen so far in just a few months.  Last november, I was walking the susan g komen 3day (60miles in three days) Last year, I walked over 800 miles training...and now I am having trouble (mentally) walking the dog around the block.  I have become so withdrawn and avoid any situation out of my comfort zone.

I don't know that I am looking for any answers in particular.  I think that I am just trying to publically acknowledge these feelings and pull myself up by the bootstraps...

mary
(deactivated member)
on 5/5/09 9:49 pm - DFW area, TX
Teena C.
on 5/6/09 2:11 am - Crandall, TX
I am also a Dr. B patient.  Make sure you talk with Dr. B or Dr. Thompson about your depression.  Get a hold on it now because after surgery depression can get worse because you are losing fat so fast that your body can't absorb the hormones fast enough.  I felt like I was on a constant PMS.  My daughter use to tell me back then that I was so cranky since having the surgery.LOL   You will get through this.  Keep coming here and letting us help in any way we can.

Denise F.
on 5/6/09 12:29 pm - Plano, TX
I go to counseling every other week since my surgery.  The psychologist that did my psych eval even recommended it, so I see her every 2 weeks.  I'm 4 weeks out now, and I can tell this is going to be a rough road for me, and I know i'm going to need every minute of that counseling.  I know some people don't believe in it, but it helps me.  Im very emotional right now.  I don't have my best friend anymore (food).  

-Denise
jwinrrtx
on 5/6/09 8:31 pm - Round Rock, TX

Mary, sounds to me like your meds need to be adjusted and quickly.  You can't pull yourself up by your bootstraps on your own...it's a medical condition.  I suffer from depression & finally had to admit I cannot handle it on my own & need meds & help.  Please go see your PCP.  I'm concerned.

Hugs,

Jeri

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 55 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 130 views
I'm new here