The NIGH****CHMAN 5/5

George T.
on 5/5/09 1:49 pm, edited 5/5/09 3:07 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
Good evening all.  Another good day in the neighborhood.  At least so far. 

Son started his job, he says it will be boring, but it will be a job.  He will be the only one in the building during his entire shift.    I told him he has unlimited texting, I'll be around all night.

Prayer requests are listed below.

I do ask that you keep me updated on requests.  Often.  Please. 

Also, please feel free to just visit here.  Tell us about how your day went.  Your successes.  Your failures.  Your fun.  Whatever.  When I post this thread, I do not have access to any chat programs, so this sometimes substitute as that vessel for me.

Continue to keep your thoughts and prayers for the members of our Armed Forces serving around the world, especially during this time of increased awareness.  Please thank God for these men and women every day.  In addition, please keep the wives and family members in your thoughts.

Three wonderful people - Ramon, Yvonne, and Debra - are having their conference in May (15-17) in Galveston.  Prayers for a successful weekend of paying it forward.

PEOPLE SEEKING EMPLOYMENT:

James - Phyllis' "friend"
Jennifer
- (Cruise Director Julie)
Nina

Those who are not yet unemployed, but layoffs are looming

Brenda F.  - has some hernias.

Cindy Mc - a coworker has a 5 yr old son who was diagnosed at 3 with Metastatic Retinoblastoma.  He lost his right eye, but through chemo and radiation it was thought the cancer was gone.  It is back and spreading in his brain.
  There is no cure and they are treating him with some oral Chemo medication right now. I am just asking that you pray for Isaac Xavuer Vasques-Grimmett. He is a precious little boy who has been through a whole lot of difficult times in his 5 short years. We are praying for a miracle but if we can't get that... For God's mercy and grace to keep this precious little boy and his family from suffering too much.

Debra - has a couple of tests on 5/5 to try and determine complete cause of her problems.

Gina J. - Pray for her 6 year old Marina, diagnosed with a terminal illness at age 2.
 She has improved, but still needs our prayers.  Pray for this brave little girl.

Jodie (Jodieblonde) - asking prayers for her friend Melissa and her family.  Melissa's mother is in the end stage of Alzheimers and the family has been called together.  Also prayers for Raymond's best friend's  family.  He lost his father to cancer on 5/5.

Karen (Misty750342002) - A friend of Karen's from work (who is like a son to her), Dustin Murphy, is 24 years old and has been diagnosed with Hodgkins Disease.

Stephanie (tickledpink) - friend, Dutch, was in a motorcycle accident.  Arm broken in 3 places, surgery on 4/27.

Vicki V.  - husband Patrick continues to have health problems.  Awaiting results from neurological testing. More tests are upcoming this week.

Vanessa (Butterfly Reborn) - requests prayer for her family.  There were no specifics, but I am sure the Lord knows.

Vanessa - We have all followed the story of Elizabeth.  Here is her Caringbridge page:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/elizabethdunford

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

Sandi B.
on 5/5/09 2:12 pm - Haltom City, TX
Evening George... Didn't wanna worry my wonderful angel... but I've been in the hospital since noon.  I just got home about 10-1030... feeling MUCH better.  It's a bit graphic so I won't go into it here.  Anyways... I had a few on FB *from here* that sent me prayers and well wishes and I thank each of you for that... I truly do.

I love my TMB family... I'm sorry for not calling you George, I knew you had a LOT going on and I didn't wanna worry you with this as well. I love you!

Going to bed, my neighbor will be checking in on me in the morning and Stacy will be calling throughout the day till he can get home tomorrow after class.  Phone calls are welcome if you have the # or text ... please keep in mind I'm on meds so I may not hear but will get back to you when I get the msgs.

NI NI *sweet dreams*
Prayers going up for those in need and even the ones that don't know they need them as they really do need them for one reason or another =)
*Sandi* 
*Strength... it's inside, beside, behind and all around me*

George T.
on 5/5/09 2:22 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
You know you can count on me whenever you need me.  I will be there. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

Sandi B.
on 5/5/09 2:30 pm - Haltom City, TX
I know and you are always there and I love you for that!!!
*Sandi* 
*Strength... it's inside, beside, behind and all around me*

Avis N.
on 5/5/09 2:21 pm - McKinney, TX

Evening all,

Another peaceful boring day in my neighborhood!  I am thankful for those days.  Trying to keep an ear open on the Mav's game, So hoping they can beat Denver to make it to the next round...  and yes, I can have pipe dreams!!

Prayers for the spoken and unspoken requests, special prayers for Lynette's mom, Annette's mom, Nina, Mark J, and of course Elizabeth Grace who is always in my prayers, along with all of the kids from St Judes.  Special prayers tonight for my friend Samantha, she will be seen for a hip evaluation at Scottish Rites Hospital on Thursday 5/7, she is an awesome kid, and has a great future in basketball.  She was hurt in practice a couple of weeks ago, please pray with me that this is just a minor setback for her, she is only 12.

Blessings to all,
Avis

JodieBlonde
on 5/5/09 3:01 pm - Mesquite, TX
George thank you for including Raymond's best friend's dad in the prayer list.  Sadly, he lost his battle with cancer around 6 this evening.  Continue to keep his family in your prayers.

George T.
on 5/5/09 3:06 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
It sounds like he did not linger much once they knew he was in the final stages.   That in itself is a blessing to the family.  Prayers are definitely with the family.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

Liz_G_Tx
on 5/5/09 3:28 pm
Jodi,
so sorry to read of Raymond's friend's dad's passing. Thankful the end didnt linger. 
Liz

When I was born, I cried and the world rejoiced. Now i wanna live my  life so that when I die, the world cries and I rejoice

Cindy Mc
on 5/5/09 11:14 pm - Ovilla, TX
Hello George, as I have stated before I don't get on here much anymore but wanted to say that I really don't have a lot of news about Isaac other than he is still doing treatments. I know that his Dr. is trying to find some studies that he can participate in to hopefully get rid of his cancer.
Thanks again for including him on the prayer list. He is still doing ok for now just working on fighting this horrible cancer..

Cindy Mc

George T.
on 5/6/09 5:00 am - Grand Prairie, TX
Thank you for the update.  Prayers are with Isaac and his family.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 55 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 130 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 438 views