plastics advice

Diane T.
on 5/6/09 1:57 am - TX
hi all..

I am almost two years out (will be in June) and am ready to consider plastics...specifically a tummy tuck.  Am interested in docs in the FTW area and information about cost, recovery, etc...will also check out the plastics board, but wanted info on TX docs from the best support board in the world!!

diane

~~Diane

Vivian Prouty
on 5/6/09 2:12 am - Fort Worth, TX
Diane,

I have a very good plastic surgeon.   Although if you have lots and lots of major excess skin....he may not get it all.   Mine he couldn't get it all off.     He is fantastic and his bedside manner is better than anyone I could ever think of.   He is a great person who treats his patients as if they are family members.    His name is Dr. Vishnu Rumalla.   He has a clinic in Fort Worth and one in Keller.    His website is vrumallmd.com and his phone number is 817-334-0030.   You can tell them that I sent you.   He also files insurance and does free consultations.   Good luck and glad to see you back posting.   I have missed you !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Diane T.
on 5/6/09 2:19 am - TX
thanks, Vivian!  do you have any idea what he charges for a TT?  I am sure my insurance will NOT cover it...

what did you have done?  how was the recovery time?

~~Diane

Vivian Prouty
on 5/6/09 2:47 am - Fort Worth, TX
I am uncertain as the prices now.  I had a LBL or beltlipectomy.  I have a incission that goes all the way around my body.   It was done 2 yrs ago and I paid a little over $11,000 for that.   Last July I had lipo done to my lower stomach area where when he did the original surgery the fat at the back of the skin had grown to my ribs and he had to cut it loose.     He wasn't able to lipo that area at the time due to blood flow issues ( that not being lipoed made me go up 2 pant sizes with a 5 lb gain ).   Not good.   SO I had it lipoed and that cost me $2000.    SO I have been out a little over $13000.     I imagine that his TT are around $7K or 8K including everything.....but that is MY guess !!!   He is a very good surgeon....but very conservative on skin removal.   He doesn't want his patients to have any problems.    My recovery time was about 6 - 8 weeks but I felt great after about a month.   

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Diane T.
on 5/6/09 2:56 am - TX
thanks, Vivian...I called his office and have an appt next week in FTW.  I mentioned your name and they said they loved you!!  I told them that you loved them, too!

~~Diane

cajungirl
on 5/6/09 4:45 am
Diane, can't help with docs in the DFW area but a thing to consider is the LBL vs. a TT.  I didn't and today I wish I had.  Initially I was super happy with my TT w/anchor cut and it's still significantly better than before PS; however, my upper tummy has laxed more than I care for and would love to have it redone, not in the cards right now.

The results I've seen from those that had the LBL seem to have held up better than those with TT with or without the anchor cut.  My lower belly still rocks, it's amazing how tight that option is.  If you are spending $7 or $10K (I don't think there is that much difference though in a LBL and TT) then spend the extra $1-2 thousand, long term I think you'll be happier.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 49 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 125 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 434 views