Fruit in the Plateau Busters Diet???

redjett
on 5/5/09 12:23 pm
i have the plateau busters diet but have noticed that there is NO fruit included ...
i have one orange a day mainly for the vitamin c as well as for the juice which i include as a liquid since i don't like coffee  and i'd  hate to give that up ...

so my question is .... can i have fruit ???

thanks
red

Kris M.
on 5/5/09 1:00 pm - Near Dallas, TX

Fruit is a carb and a sugar...see below!
 How to break a plateau 

1)  Do this for 10 days to break a plateau 
2)     Drink 2 quarts of water a day 
3)     You must have 45 grams of protein supplement and all your vitamins/minerals supplements each day 
4)     You may consume up to 3 oz of the following high protein foods, 5x a day 
        a.     beef 
        b.     pork 
        c.      chicken 
        d.     turkey 
        e.     lamb  
        f.       fish 
        g.     eggs  
        h.     low fat cheese 
        i.       cottage cheese 
        j.       plain yogurt or artificially sweetened (?) 
        k.     peanut butter 
        l.       beans/legumes  

You may also have:

a.     sugar free popsicles 
         b.     tea or coffee 
         c.      sugar free soda 
         d.     sugar free Jello™ 
         e.     broths / bullion 
         f.       crystal light drinks 
5)      If it's not on the list, you can't have it for 10 days!!!! 
6)     Keep a food diary and try to get up to 30 minutes of exercise daily

If you follow PB faithfully (not cheating) you can easily lose 10 lbs. in 10 days!

Kris M.   Ignorance is bliss...but not when you're aware of it!!

The One
on 5/6/09 12:24 am - Houston, TX
Thank you for this diet. I am stuck and can't seem to get over the hump. I am going to start this diet on Sunday. But going to start exercising today. Going to grocery store to get items needed this weekend. If you have anymore suggestions please pass them my way.

Vivian Prouty
on 5/5/09 1:47 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Kris...is so right.   If it isn't on the list.   It is not to be eaten or drank.    I guess that is why it breaks that plateau.    Sacrifies must be made at times....it is only for 10 days too.   Any of us can do something that short period of time.    You can take chewable vitamin C's if you are worried about not getting in enough C.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Karla Lewis
on 5/5/09 9:18 pm - Livingston, TX
I'd take a vit. C chewable.  You're not supposed to have the fruit.  I do eat 2-4 prunes a day sometimes on that, but Fiberchoice tabs, metamucil, etc. help with the effects of plateau busters protein.  You're not getting enough liquid from 1 orange to count it as much liquid...probably 1/4 c at most.  You can gulp down 1/4 c water or decaf tea instead.  The PB does great if you stick w/ it like it says!

Good luck.

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Loralea
on 5/6/09 5:32 am - Trophy Club, TX
Well, here's my opinion, and I'll warn you now it probably won't be a popular one....but at least maybe you'll have a different viewpoint to consider.

I'm not a big fan of the PB diet, or the 5 day pouch test, or any other diet really.  They never worked for me, before WLS or after, because I don't stick to them.  What HAS worked is learning to be healthy, and THINK healthy.  I have balance and moderation....most of the time. 

I do understand the appeal of a plan like the PB diet though.  I have times too where I feel like my eating has gotten out of control...when I've lost the balance and the healthy living that I strive for.  It helps ALOT to gain back a feeling of control, and a sense of accomplishment, by following "the rules".  Keep in mind though, that the rules can be ANY rules...WLS dietary guidelines, PB diet, 5 day pouch test, or Jenny Craig for that matter.  Anything that gets you back into the right calorie range will help you drop the weight.  And, as we've all found, the less carbs in your plan, the easier it is to control the appetite.  That's why there are no fruits in the PB diet. 

Personally, I think if you want to do the PB diet and modify the diet by adding one orange a day to it, I can't see that it would hurt.  There aren't enough calories in an orange to make that much difference.  And there's no magic combinations of food chemistry on that diet (or any other) that will make it work for you or fail.  What I would watch for is if you feel hungry after eating the orange, it MAY be too many carbs for you all at once...I don't think that's likely though...just something to consider.  Add the one orange, make it YOUR plan, and follow YOUR rules.  Just don't let the orange be the first in a long string of extras or slip-ups.  Don't get in the mindset of "well, I've already blown the plan, I might as well have more".

One last thing....and keep in mind this is coming from someone who NEVER drinks the amount of water (liquids) I should.  So listen or not, I'm not really one to give advice on this subject.  Anyway...either drink your liquids or don't, it's your choice.  But don't try to fool yourself into thinking you're getting liquids where you're not.  Be honest with yourself.  And you don't have to drink coffee to get your liquids in.  In fact it's better if you don't.

Good luck to you with this, and let us know how you're doing  :-)

Loralea
285 / 250 / 164 / 142
(2 mos. pre-op / surgery date / current / goal)

My Message to You -- shared by Loralea   http://blog.loralea.com

Kris M.
on 5/6/09 8:15 am - Near Dallas, TX
Hey Girlfriend...funny you should respond the way you did because even though I keep the PB on my profile and throw it out there if someone sounds like it's something that might help...I've NEVER used it or dieted this whole time.  For me it's ALL about moderation.  That's what this whole thing has been for me.  I can and will eat whatever I want...maybe only 1 tiny bite of something I know will get stuck but I can/will do it.  I got the band specifically because I didn't want to feel like I was living my life on a diet.  I know most other WLS peeps DON'T feel that way...I just know I would have.  So, I throw it out there for those it might help and wish them well.  Chris is doing a modified version of it now.  It works for him to jump start him again.

Kris M.   Ignorance is bliss...but not when you're aware of it!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 42 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 117 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 427 views