Update on Cortez

Sherry C.
on 5/7/09 2:19 am - Plainview, TX
 Hi all,
 Well John will be in the hospital for several days. They are thinking TB, they started him on 4 different TB meds, he does not like how they make him feel. But the Dr said that if he does not have TB the meds will not hurt him, but if he does have it, then we are kick starting the treatment.
 He has to give saliva samples everyday for 3 days, and have his TB test read tomorrow. So it could be a while. He is the same otherwise.
 Will keep you updated. He is at the VA hospital in Dallas on 4C in room 104. His number to his room is 214-302-1737. Feel free to call if you want.

Love and Hugs,
Sherry
                                   Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal              
        John   341/331/163/185            Sherry   345/338/201/165
        John 22 lbs below goal                   Sherry 47 lbs  till goal
 JOHN                                                               Sherry 122 inches lost

timsdanni
on 5/7/09 2:36 am - Ft Stewart, GA
thank you for updating - still praying things work out well - if it is not TB maybe 4 days in teh hosp will give the doc a chance to figure out what IS wrong

hugs to you both
timsdanni
Home is where the army allows me to live with my husband

I know what I need to do - I have to choose to take care of me or I choose to fail

cajungirl
on 5/7/09 2:40 am
Sherry, when will y'all know for sure if he is TB positive?  I hope for you and John that this explains the breathing issues. 

Will continue to keep both of you in prayer.

Hugs,

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Akc Crazy
on 5/7/09 2:56 am - Bedford, TX
Hope he has his Eeyore and some of his blankies.  Tell him I said "HI" and not to hassle them nurses too much.

Annette 
Highest 254/ Current 173.5/ Goal 145
"One day at a time."

Phyllis M.
on 5/7/09 4:27 am - Irving, TX
Hi Sherry: 

I just saw that John was in the hospital.  I haven't been on the boards since about 4 yesterday afternoon.

Just know that I'm praying for you and John and that John gets well SOON !!    He has been having trouble for way too long !!

(((((((((hugggssss))))))))))) 
  • Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

charlenecarlile
on 5/7/09 5:00 am - Mansfield, TX
Please give him my love and know that you are both in my pryaers. Love to you both!

XOXO
Charlene

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything" ~R. Weeakes
fattxgal
on 5/7/09 5:47 am - pasadena, TX
Thanks for lettin us know how John is doin. U are both in my Prayers. 
Gina 21 Years Out
on 5/7/09 8:05 am - Burleson, TX

OK...SHERRY..I'm going to let you be the loving wife while I assume the rule of the DEMON NURSE this time...they have fiddle ****** around around with him all this time and can't made a simple TB determination??? Granted, I am NOT a physician, pulmonalogist, etc...but I'm not an idiot either. This poor man has been suffering for a year. I must be missing something here. Maybe there are different strains that have to be treated to be treated differently and maybe they don't want to have to tattoo a big old TB chest...but..crap...I'm "guessing" he's not even in Isolation while they "figure it out'..CRAP....

For those who are concerned..and rightfully so..can never be too careful..you are probably okay, even though you've recently been with John, hugging him exactly. Chances are, you didn't share "droplets" with him...and if you DID, well...SHERRY will hurt you more than TB will. Once a diagnosis is set in stone, might a good idea to notify your personal docs and notify them-just because-might make you feel more at ease.

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

bluesun
on 5/7/09 8:26 am - McKinney, TX
RNY on 12/15/06 with
I'm with Gina on this one.  I hope that they figure out muy pronto what is wrong with John, and shame on the Docs that didn't diagnose him early if it is TB.

Ironically, (and not meant selfishly) but the last time I hugged/saw John, I was what, 7 months pregnant?

I hope that regardless what the issue is, they find out WHAT IT IS FOR SURE, and get him on the road to recovery. I thought TB still only existed in 3rd world countries.

Prayers for diagnosis and recovery, regardless of the issue.

Love ya!

Rachel

jwinrrtx
on 5/7/09 9:55 am - Round Rock, TX

Sherry, wanted you to know I'm praying that they figure out what is wrong with John.  This has been going on way too long.  It's crazy!!  Prayers for you, as well.  I know this has been extremely difficult for you.  Also sending you all big hugs!!

Jeri

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 55 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 130 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 438 views