Hello to the Texas Forum

MarineMomX2
on 8/4/11 12:34 pm - Dallas, TX
Hi!  I'm one of those that's been lurking around here daily since April (posting occasionally) and finally decided to say hello to everyone here at the Texas Forum.   The last 4 years physically have been a challenge, adding one co-morbidity after the other.  When my diabeties was to the point that 2 types of insulin was needed to bring it to a controlled I knew something had to be done.  Have considered having RNY for several years but, always found an excuse not to pursue it any further.  Well, guess what...I'm 30 months from retirement, don't have any more excuses and decided I want to live to be an OLD lady!!  It's taken 8 months since I began this journey and my surgery is scheduled for Monday, August 22nd!  yayyyy!  My surgeon is out of Methodist Central and I've been working through the Methodist Weight Management Center in preparation for the big day.  They have a great bunch of associates who have been very helpful every step of the way, even directing me to OH from the very beginning.   I also have two sons and two brothers who have all supported me from the get-go and I couldn't do this without them.  When you start following the same path as your Mother there comes a time you have to make changes.  She passed in '95 at 54 from diabeties and I had to face my own reality. 

Am looking forward to getting to know some of you in the future.  Thank you for all your insight to this great journey!!!

Nelda
"Suck it up...you're a Marine Mom"   Lets do this!!          
Liz_G_Tx
on 8/4/11 12:56 pm
Hi Nelda and welcome!!!! Im so glad your family is supporting you in this journey.  Im not very wordy this evening (i know.. that never happens) so i will just say i  hope your surgery goes well and please have someone post to let us know how things went.  Im sure things will go well and i can only tell you this was the best thing I could have done for myself :)

Liz

When I was born, I cried and the world rejoiced. Now i wanna live my  life so that when I die, the world cries and I rejoice

Alissa A.
on 8/4/11 5:46 pm - Keller, TX
Welcome Nelda! Do you work for the feds? Just curious. I work for the state.
I just wanted to welcome you and invite you to our support group. We meet at Central Market in Fort Worth every other Saturday. Our next meeting is August 13th. If you'd like to come and gain information from all the post-ops I believe it would be worth your drive. I can send you the address and all the particulars.

Feel free to ask any questions on here. Weekends are quieter, but there are a lot of people who have great advice on here.
Good luck on the 22nd!!!
Gina 21 Years Out
on 8/4/11 8:04 pm - Burleson, TX

NELDA-welcome to our TMB family! So glad you finally decided to post, and hope you now feel comfotable enough to do it often. The more you post, and respond to posts, the quicker you get to "know" everyone. Most of met right HERE-some of us years ago-some just recently-and there is always room for MORE.

I'm Gina..9 years post RNY..my journey took lots of turns "weight wise"..didn't reach "goal" until almost 9 yrs out, but it's never too "late"...I also was on 2 types Insulin and headed for more health disasters...all my labs are "textbook perfect" now..it's about HEALTH, with me, not the SCALE..I just turned 54--and am MUCH healthier than I was at 34..

I'd like to invite you to join our daily "WLS express" AKA our "daily train". it's a post where we just hang out/like a neighborhood "Cheers bar"/share what's going on/support each other/etc/fastest way to get to know peeps-esp since you live in the DFW area, and will likely be meeting peeps "for real"..

again-SO GLAD you posted!!!

Gina AKA Nurse Diva

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 47 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 122 views
I'm new here