Friday WLS Express

Laura P.
on 8/18/11 2:25 pm - Fort Worth, TX
WOW! It's Friday! I hope everyone has a great day!  Since I'm not working, it's just like any other day to me, but hopefully that will be rectified soon!!

Tomorrow I have to go to a funeral for a very good friend from work who passed away in July. I didn't find out until the other day that she was gone. I hadn't seen her in a while, and I'm really regretting it now. I know I shouldn't, but sometimes I can't help it. PTSD talks to me and makes it seem like I'm a piece of crap.  I keep trying to close the door on it, but it just pushes and barges in! Oh well, that's what therapy is for, right?

Anyway, sorry to be a downer, but HEY!  TGIF !!!!  IT'S FRIDAY!  HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Love all y'all!!

Initial surgery 2006-Highest weight 305 - got down to 180
Having revision surgery soon!
Current 265 / Goal 180
"We can't all be heros. Someone has to clap for me when I walk by!"

Gina 21 Years Out
on 8/18/11 7:48 pm - Burleson, TX

God morning and TGIF, my TMB family! Hope today finds everyone healthy and hydrated. I found out yesterday our "Ozarka guy", who delivers our work water/tea/lemonade,  was in the hospital-from a heat related incident-those guys are in and out of the heat/hauling heavy bottles/dollies all day-He's young and buff-but not tougher than 110 degree weather!! His "sub" said it was "nothing real serious, just real scary", and that it's something THEIR bosses stress to them all the time-to DRINK their own product!! Scary, indeed! I'm good about drinking, all day, but not good, once I get home-and am not as good on the weekends, when I'm off my "routine". I'm going to reward myself with a new insulated glass (probably Mickey or Princess???), and see if that will inspire some weekend hydration...

LAURA-PTSD is so very real-don't be too hard on yourself. I still can't do crowds-left over from incidents, in the Astrodome, when I did "relief efforts", following Hurricane Katrina. it's hard to even type about, without my heart pounding. Sometimes "shutting doors" just shoves stuff down further...but I am NOT a qualified therapist..just a concerned friend...

So...what's everyone's weekend plans? I'm meeting some OLD (cuz we all are) high school friends for breakfast tomorrow..after that..not sure...Sunday I'm meeting up with a small group of my fave family members for my sharing time. Other than that-just the FUN stuff...NOT....laundry/housework/etc

Ok..time to hit the shower..those idiot drivers aren't going to get flipped off all by themselves...

Have a FAB-U-LOUS Friday!!!!!

Gina AKA Nurse Diva

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/11 8:29 pm - GA
Good Morning...

Yesterday I mentioned about my leg cramp episodes and how I just dont sleep good the night it happens.  On the way to work yesterday, I realized that I was just out of it, turned around and came home, and slept at least for another 3-4 hours.  I also went to my hematoligist office and had blood work done...complete iron panel, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and Vit D...lets see if anything shows up.

This weekend, a friend of mine from Ms and one of her former students are coming here to buy my deck furniture, grill, and washer & dryer.  So, I am doing my laundry like c-r-a-z-y to get it all caught up before they get here.  The apartment where I am moving to has a full size washer & dryer included...so at least I will only be without one for a week or so.  Saturday night we are going to dinner at a WWII motif restaurant near a small corporate airport.  I havent been to it in YEARS, but with this time included I will have been to it four times since January.

Hope everyone has a Great Day, and a better weekend.
Karla Lewis
on 8/18/11 9:06 pm - Livingston, TX
Good morning. I'm heading to work today and will only have 195 more work days this year after today. The beginning of school is always hard. I have to work late today. It will be 6:00 or after before I get off. Yesterday we had meetings all day. They weren't bad at all though!

Looking forward to The Mainstayers support group in Spring tomorrow. I get to go to the movies with Paige after the meeting and then head home.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

azurepenguin
on 8/18/11 10:17 pm - Arlington, TX
 Good Morning everyone.

Its Friday.  I feel like I have a million things to do and I have zero motivation to do any of it.  It unusual for me to be this 'blah' but with hope I'll find my motivation.  Maybe I'ts buried under my laundry.

The cheese came out delicious.  I also saved the whey.  LOTS of protein.  I did not realize that while there is protein in cheese, most of the protein found in milk stays in the whey produced when the curds seperate.  That's where all the why protein isolate comes from.

Okay...off to go find my motivation.
Jenn
aka: Genevieve in the SCA
         Shyama as a American Tribal (belly dance) performer  

Vivian Prouty
on 8/18/11 11:35 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Good Morning Laura and TMB.

I am sorry to hear about your co worker passing away.    I feel pretty good this AM.   I actually got 8 hours sleep last night ( I usually sleep 6 hours ) and I feel very rested today.    Hopefully today will be a good day.    I too need to up my water intake.   I have noticed that I am NOT drinking as much as I usually do and shame on me for that.   I do know better especially with all this excess heat.    I had to go to the elementary school last night to help my sister with 2 of grand kids at meet the teacher night.    Their Mom had to be at the middle school with her 6th grader.   Not sure WHY the schools do all the meet the teacher nights on the same night at the same time.   UGH.   We got it done so that is the main thing.   LOL    I know lots of people are glad that school starts on monday.   LOL  My youngest son starts back to college sometimes in Sept.   He isn't totally sure what the date is.   I really have no idea.   LOL   Anyway....not many plans for the weekend as of yet.    PLEASE remember to drink lots of fluids and stay hydrated.     

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Don 1962
on 8/18/11 11:52 pm

"Routine" Friday ahead.  Get pacycheck, ca**** and enhance the Walton and Brookshire's family fortunes.  

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

cajungirl
on 8/18/11 11:55 pm
Good Morning!  TGIF indeed and I'm looking forward to the weekend.  The boys and I have some board game and/or card playing time planned and we'll be grilling hamburgers and hotdogs sometimes, too.

I do need to do a little house cleaning, nothing to strenuous and I have a couple of loads of laundry.  Going to schedule some time to read, I haven't stopped to read a good book in a long time and have several my mom gave me that I want to read.

Hope you all have a FAN-TAS-TIC weekend, stay hydrated and be kind to YOU.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Gina 21 Years Out
on 8/19/11 2:00 am - Burleson, TX
DANA-thanks for "the talk" this morning-you have no idea how much it helped!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 43 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 117 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 427 views