WLS Therapist in Frisco, TX Area???

fayhog2001
on 10/7/11 1:26 pm - TX
VSG on 03/21/12 with
Hey Everyone!

I was curious about WLS therapists....or I guess I should say therapists/doctors in the Frisco, TX area who are versed in bariatric patients.

I have NOT yet had surgery.  I am about 90% convinced on having the sleeve next year with Dr. Nick Nicholson.  I know Dr. Nick refers insurance patients to a person for a phsyc evaluation.

Howevever, I'm thinking i want to start seeing someone to help me get my mindset straight prior to having surgery...the 10% of me not ready to make the final decision is the part of me questioning if i will be diligent post op or if i will screw up because my "brain" isn't in it 100%

Any thoughts?  Know of any ppl in my area who are versed in this topic?
texasred
on 10/14/11 5:48 am - Wylie, TX
VSG on 10/12/09 with
Dr Nick referred my to a guy who handled helping me through 'head hunger' and real hunger. I cannot remember his name but I do believe it is the same guy for psych eval. I had the same doubts about myself. When that first 50 pounds came off it became easier to see myself sticking to the plan. As much as I like food...to me it's the taste not necessarily the hunger, I have been able to ward off the evil!
Good Luck to you,

Teresa

You have got to get out of the mud before you can smell the roses...

Stephanie G.
on 10/15/11 8:32 am - Rowlett, TX
I applaud you for taking the steps pre-op!!  So many of us could have really benefitted from getting therapy.  There is also a fantastic book by Dr Connie Stapleton called "Eat it Up" and it's specifically designed for WLS patients.  It's a wonderful read for all pre-ops.  Call Dr Nick's office for a recommendation-they'll point you in the right direction.

~Stephanie~
RNY revision from lapband 7/30/07...TT/BL 10/9/08 and at GOAL

beth D.
on 10/25/11 7:18 am - frisco, tx
There was a woman that spoke at my support group meeting a couple of months ago.  Her name is Colleen Donohue and her website is www.lifecyclecounseling-dallas.com  Evidently this is something she specializes in though I have not gone through her personally.  Good luck from a fellow Frisco-ite!
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 55 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 130 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 438 views