5 YR ANNY

cherryj
on 6/7/12 5:10 pm - CEDAR HILL, TX
RNY on 06/07/07 with
Five years ago today I had WLS. It's been a very disappointing and discouraging time. I'm not anywhere near the goal I set, but on the bright side, I'm still 100 lbs less than 5 yrs ago. Any encouraging words will be greatly appreciated.
Karla Lewis
on 6/7/12 8:37 pm - Livingston, TX
Happy surgiversary. Work that tool and exercise and watch what you eat if you want to get closer to goal. You can do it if you set your mind to it.

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

cherryj
on 6/7/12 9:52 pm - CEDAR HILL, TX
RNY on 06/07/07 with
Easier said than done! Physical limitations hinder my getting much exercise. I do watch what I eat 98% of the time; am working on the 2%.
Thanks for writing!
Vivian Prouty
on 6/8/12 3:04 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Happy Surgiversary CherryJ,

I've often wondered about you.   Glad your still around here.   Hey I never reached my goal weight either.    The most important thing is your healthier now than you were 5 yrs. ago.    Your still 100 lbs. down that is a good thing !!!   Hang in there and just keep working on things.    I know that there are exercises that can be done sitting in a chair and even laying in a bed.    I wish I knew how to do them so I could share that with you but I am not knowledgeable of them.   Maybe you can google that and get some results.    Anyway I was thrilled to see your face on the TMB today.    Come join us more often and CherryJ.....YOU ARE A SUCCESS !!!!    

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

cherryj
on 6/8/12 3:48 am - CEDAR HILL, TX
RNY on 06/07/07 with
Thanks Vivian!
Laura in Texas
on 6/8/12 7:07 am
Keeping off 100 pounds is definitely worth celebrating. I see you blogged about seeing a doctor the end of April about your regain. What did the doctor say??

Keep your chin up!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Gina 21 Years Out
on 6/8/12 10:14 am - Burleson, TX

CHERRY--Happy Surgiversary!!! You know-MANY of us do not have a "normal" journey..I'm not even sure there IS such a thing. Each of us are individuals, with our own demons/struggles/joys/victories/etc..you are NEVER alone!!

For ME, it took 9 YEARS post op, to reach "goal", and every day is a new day, with new challenges. Some days I do "well"-some days not. All I can do is be kind to myself, and do "the NEXT RIGHT THING"...

You have taken a huge, POSITIVE step, just by posting here today, and sharing this VERY IMPORTANT MILESTONE-with US-people who truly, truly understand!!

I sincerely hope we can convince you to trust us, lean on us, and allow us to encourage you, and seek encouragemment/inspiration FROM you

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

cherryj
on 6/8/12 12:55 pm - CEDAR HILL, TX
RNY on 06/07/07 with
Thanks for your kind words!
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 49 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024