Help!

crazyduck
on 6/25/12 2:39 pm - Maurepas, LA
On 7-20-11 I had the gastric sleeve surgery. I lost 80 pd right away. I mean like 3 months, Nothing since. I also do not have the restriction I should. My doctor in Louisiana told me he uses the biggest bougie. This sux. I also have this huge flap of tummy hanging over. I dont know what to do. Try to get the massive skin remover? Have a duo switch? Im in Texas and on medicaide. Plz help!
Think positive, and all ur hopes and dreams will follow!                   
Karla Lewis
on 6/25/12 10:11 pm - Livingston, TX
You probably should track your food you eat. You may be eating way more than you should to lose weight. It could have to do with the surgery. I would find a Bariatric surgeon that takes Medicaid and consult them. Unfortunately, we still have to watch what we eat after surgery or weight will come back. Exercise helps also with losing. As far the excess skin, unless it causes medical conditions, it is like buying a car price wise to pay out of pocket for it. It is bothersome, though.

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Vivian Prouty
on 6/25/12 10:20 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 I have a niece who has medicaide and she is here in Texas also ( DFW area ).   She is still in the process of getting into a surgeon.   You need to contact medicaide and get a list of surgeons in the area of Texas where you live.   BUT there are not many.   My niece will have to go to East Texas to get her WLS ( she's wanting the sleeve ).   Also check the type of Medicaide that you have.   Hers says that re-constructive surgery due to massive weight loss IS COVERED !!!  I myself have problems believing this one but I guess it is NOT impossible.   Good luck to you and as Karla said...log and measure your food.    Too bad they don't do surgery on our brains too when they do our WLS.    

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Karla Lewis
on 6/26/12 7:47 am - Livingston, TX
Go to www.tmhp.com and you can access a list of Medcaid doctors. You will need a Liston WLS doctors to cross reference.

Good luck with the plastic surgery. I would imagine Medicaid only pays for medically necessary plastics. I can't imagine they would pay for cosmetic purposes since its insurances don't, but it could be true.

Good luck!

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 42 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024